TT-RS

S3Rob

[ QUOTE ]

Hope it is the 5cy turbo, would be nice for them to use something different.

Haldex should be ok with 350hp (mk1 s3 can run 330) but will they consider torsen or will it not fit?

What will it make post remap?

[/ QUOTE ]

Torsen is only for longitudinal engines and the TT engine bay is not long enough for that (I think).

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The money's on a 350bhp 2.5l 5 cyclinder turbo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I quite fancy it in a Roadster but I hope Haldex can cope.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do post some funny old ones. I bet you won't say that if we talking about the new 350PS Boxster RS? sekret.gif

Do you cut hair for a living or fond of blokes? grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You do post some funny old ones. I bet you won't say that if we talking about the new 350PS Boxster RS? sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.. as i dont think the Boxster comes across as gay grin.gif

TT Roadster on the otherhand..

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Hope it is the 5cy turbo, would be nice for them to use something different.

Haldex should be ok with 350hp (mk1 s3 can run 330) but will they consider torsen or will it not fit?

What will it make post remap?

[/ QUOTE ]

Torsen is only for longitudinal engines and the TT engine bay is not long enough for that (I think).

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that mean RS3? sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.. as i dont think the Boxster comes across as gay grin.gif

TT Roadster on the otherhand..

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say 60:40 either side of the fence for the two (I'm sure that Porsche don't complain that a lot of less than enlightened people stump up the readies, for whatever reason, Audi even less so UHOH7.GIF). Even the Honda S2K attracts it's fair share and in it's own way it is less attractive to certain types and way more 'ardcore than other rivals.

On a more dull, sensible note, will be interesting to see if Audi can get those horses out of a five without rampant fuel consumption. Also, doesn't leave that much room for enhancement.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As some may recall I used to have an inside line with Audi a couple of years ago for the TT Owners Club. It was probably 2-3 years before the current model came out when we were discussing whether it could be aluminum/steel etc and the comment was that the engine bay was going to be big enough for the RS4 engine. At the time I believe this meant the 2.7 V6 turbo. That implies it's big enough and also could go longitudinal. The comment was also made that Audi had no intention of ever using it ... but is was there in case they needed to.

Whether this got designed out or is still an option I don't know. I honestly can't see anything other than the 2.5L tubro engine and although the mags are saying 350bhp I'd suggest something up to 320 on the basis that it would impact too much on the larger cars i.e. the new RS4. I'd still expect to see 4.5-5.0 performance though so it will be a flyer for a reasonable price.

• 4 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

I wonder how many people bought a 3.2, have ordered a TTS and then will have a TTRS? Great for Audi that they stagger launches - sell more cars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you should say this as I currently have a A3 3.2, am due to take delivery of my TTS in late July or early August and have put my name down on the waiting list for a TTRS... smile.gif