Truck Racing@ Brands

steve2

friend has asked if i would like to go to Brands on sunday to see the final round of the series. cool.gif

I went many years ago and seeing these giants aproaching Paddock hill bend at almost 100mph was a sight to see, shocked.gif

The nice thing is we will be in a box getting fed and watered all day free of charge 169144-ok.gif

T'is truly amazing. Back in the early nineties I used to buy commercial vehicles for a big logistics company. We used to get all sorts of corporate hospitality events related to motorsport and vehicle launches etc. Of the many freebies I had, doing 5 laps round Silverstone being driven by Steve Parrish has to be just about the most memorable (and most terrifying). Those racing trucks truly defy the laws of physics.

Feckin job went downhill once the powers that be introduced an ethics policy that meant we couldn't accept gifts over £15 in value. No more Amsterdam trips courtesy of DAF, no more helicopters into the British GP courtesy of Ford and no more Monaco GP courtesy of Volvo. Feckers!