Small car...

Woppum

You will probably find the vehicle needs to be registered to your London flat in order to prove you live there for on-street residents parking. This is what one of my friends has just found at his new flat.

Perhaps have the Mini / Clio / A2 registered and insured to London, and the CSL registered and insured to your out-of-London address?

just had a brainwave: mitsubishi colt?? very well thought of, good looking, japanese build quality, and go from the highly frugal 1.1 to the surprisingly quick, but still not balls out nuts (probably more everyday than a 182 etc) 1.5 CZT.

Auto trader brings up plenty of good examples for sub 5k, and CZTs for under 7k, plus there is also a 1.5 soot chucker available if you need the economy.

love the idea of it almost as much as i want to get sticky with your avator. But this is 'what if' position at the moment. It may never happen touch wood! Just working out my options so i can move quick if and when it does... im a little mad like that, always thinking ahead grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

What about a clio sport 182?

[/ QUOTE ]

172 cup or 182 Trophy would be good bets as you wont lose much money on either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they last?

[/ QUOTE ]

My 'station' car is a 1.1 Clio - S reg, 80k miles and hasnt missed a beat - sails through MOTs each year - so I cant grumble about lasting.

If you dont go for a 182 Trophy then make sure you get oen with cup suspension as it does imrove it.