B6 A4 TDI Problem :(

Bradmax57

[ QUOTE ]

I think the loom is about £100!

Dont know about airbag sensors, ipretty certain they are located in the B Pillar.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the loom is £100 its still better than there diag fee, now ive got the door panel off i maybe able to get this one out and try and repair that way, the rubber housing is a pain frown.gif wonder if anyone would know the part number smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

No worries! There appears to be a coupling repair harness listed also which may be cheaper? Not sure it it is suitable but certainly worth asking:

8Z0 971 029 L.

Will be interested to see how you get on.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks again, ill be heading up to the dealers tomorrow will let you know smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Same happened on mine, it was exactly the same wire as previously mentioned!

It is do-able but as Shark has commented a lot better if you get 2 on the job. I actually soldered another bit of wire on rather than just try and join the two pieces. At least this way you can fix to the exposed wire, thread back thourgh the rubber tubing, trim as required and then attach to the other end.Good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes, come to think of it, that's what I did. Trouble is I did it about 30 mins before going out on a rather heavy night, but it's all flooding back now smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Same happened on mine, it was exactly the same wire as previously mentioned!

It is do-able but as Shark has commented a lot better if you get 2 on the job. I actually soldered another bit of wire on rather than just try and join the two pieces. At least this way you can fix to the exposed wire, thread back thourgh the rubber tubing, trim as required and then attach to the other end.Good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes, come to think of it, that's what I did. Trouble is I did it about 30 mins before going out on a rather heavy night, but it's all flooding back now smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! ha.gif