Jaguar and Land Rover bought by Tata...

bazza_g

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Tata already own Corus (steel)

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, Arcelor Mittal own Corus, not Tata group.

[/ QUOTE ]

So is Mr Humphreys Radio 4 Today programme misinformed?

I stand corrected if that's the case - but the R4 researchers are normally pretty good.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Mook, you have no style chap, do you really buy a car just because of its image ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given he drives an Audi, I strongly suspect that's a yes. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheeky fecker. I drive one of the most understated Audis, imo - the B6. None of this jolly modern blinged up stuff I'll have you know tongue.gif

TBH, it could look like a shopping trolley, as long as it went like stink 169144-ok.gif

Oh, but unless it was a Jag or a Merc... tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

CupraBob, they'll still make them here, and the UK us making more cars than ever when you consider the stream of stuff made by Toyota, Nissan and Honda. LR and Jag were US owned (under Ford) now Indian owned (under Tata), nothing changes.

I'd rather see them under foreign ownership and thriving than under UK ownership and sinking...

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. We are good at making and particularly designing cars just not running car companies.

Bmw were horrified beyond belief with what Phoenix did to Rover. Ashamed would be a better description....

I would rather it was in foreign ownership and it survived. Tata makes up over 3% of India’s Gdp and is a hugely profitable company much more so than Ford. In 20 years India like China will be a superpower and be one of the major economies of the world.

We already have close ties with India; their will be a big market and they will be very happy to buy cars made by an Indian owned company....

I can tell you Tata are likely to handle Jaguar and Landrover with much more respect (as Corus) than UK ownership would...

They have done this deal to earn international respect and prestiege (after all the combined group currently looses money)

They are likely to do anything and spend anything required to make this a success....They have already said (quite rightly so) no one will want to buy a Jaguar or Landrover made in Indian so there is little chance of them moving any current volume out of the UK...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Today is surprisingly often misinformed, but Corus are indeed owned by Tata.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Patently 169144-ok.gif

So that's 3 (Mook, Patently and Humphreys) for Tata and 1 (TDK) for A.N. Other... the_finger.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Buggeration -

OK 3-1 you lot are right, Tata does indeed own Corus.

but Mittal did try to buy it, and ended up with arcelor instead, I'm mixing my rags to riches Indian steel barons. Again. Tsk.

coffee.gif