Anyone got one on here yet - B8?

UBM

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Literally just seen a B8, on the road (as opposed to a showroom) in black, in Whitby...................had to look at least three times to make sure it was a B8..........

Can't say as I am that impressed TBH :eek:

I saw a black one this morning on the M62 going to Leeds..not a good colour.

Just off the phone chasing mine up...funds from the leasing comany have only just been released to the dealer, so it looks like it will be Monday delivery now.

I had a B8 2.0 TDI as a courtesy car last week. Quite a nice car, but I think I'll be waiting till they come out with a more realistic choice of engines. (220bhp TFSI?)

There were two things that I particularly didn't like - the electronic handbrake & the ignition on the "wrong side"

The salesman didn't tell me that you've got to have your foot on the brake pedal before it will allow you to release the parking brake. I was sitting at a level crossing with a pile of traffic behind me trying to figure out why I couldn't get the brake off!! It was a good job that I happened to glance at the DIS which had "press brake pedal to release parking brake" on it, or I'd have been sitting there all day!

I wasn't too keen on the "new improved" ignition either. I've got a well ingrained habit when I stop the car - left hand applies the handbrake while the right hand swithes off the engine & pulls out the key. I think it would take a while to get out of the habit of reaching for the key to turn it off.

Just a regular visit to 'The Magpie' for the world's best (and probably most expensive) Fish and Chips - althougth the expense bit probably now lies with Trenchers.

I am local though, 15 mins up the road.....................

only asked cos i am a cod head lol never been to the magpie even though i am from whitby the ques are always riddiculous

They ARE offset. One of my biggest gripes. The second is no footrest, don't get me started on the crap boot hinges...............:ffs:

Driven a few of the new A4 now and havent noticed a problem with offset pedals, despite looking for one after the various mag reports.....found the variable servo power steering much more responsive than the standard setup, would never have considered this option previously.

Agree with the naff cheapo boot hinges but noticed that all the german compact execs hav these now.

Had a sit in a 3.0tdi and the clutch pedal certainly seems to be an inch or so further to the door cf my B6 S4. Not sure how 'bad' this is on the BMW scale of offset clutches but it is certainly more offset that the old A4 to my mind.

Multiple clear photos required and a full write up when you get it, no pressure. :secret::znaika:;)

After much messing about with lost bank drafts..honest! The new A4 is on my drive.

I've pottered around town for a bit, then had a round trip to Stoke down the M6.

There is so much difference between this B8 and the old B7. It's quieter for a start, feels solid and sturdy. It feels abit bigger that the old A4 as well, but not as big as the A6.I thought that the 18" rims and low profile tyres would have made the ride a bit firmer but it's bang on. Power delivery is smoother and it feels a tad more torquier.This has to be because of the comon rail injection system.

The day time running lights make people turn their heads. It certainly lets other people know you are on the road.

The interior is a way better layout with more adjustements for the electronics over the old car. It looks justlike a pseudo MMI control with a similar screen. This,coupled with the B&O sounds makes for a great escape from reality when the volume is up.

Many people have mentioned the offset pedals. IMHO they are not a problem, you don't have to bend your body sideways to work them!.. There is room for my size 10 along side the clutch pedal. Some one mentioned that the lack of a footrest was a worry, but again, it all works fine.

The only tricky new bit to get used to is the electro-mechanical handbrake. You have to press your foot on the footbrake before letting it off. I thought it would be tricky on a hill start, but Audi have thought about this as well in that, it senses when you want to move off (get the clutch to biting point etc) and then releases it automatically. Un-nerving at first, but it works great and you soon get used to it.

I've attached some pics showing various views, and one alongside the old car.

Right I'm off to enjoy some more miles now.

post-15432-137914415625_thumb.jpg

post-15432-137914415628_thumb.jpg

post-15432-137914415633_thumb.jpg

post-15432-137914415637_thumb.jpg

post-15432-137914415642_thumb.jpg

post-15432-137914415646_thumb.jpg

post-15432-13791441565_thumb.jpg

Good set of photos, it take it thats a move from an SE to an S-Line then ? I think the suspension still need to settle down a bit yet as well.

Did you did into the options much spec wise ?:)

Thanks.

No it's an S.E! I still think the S Line is too harsh for me...I like a motorway cruiser with all the miles that I do.

I didn't dip into the options list much, we paid for just the wheels and the phone kit.

The B & O kit was free as I am existing Audi customer. Seems that all Audi customers can get this free kit if they buy another one.

Just a regular visit to 'The Magpie' for the world's best (and probably most expensive) Fish and Chips - althougth the expense bit probably now lies with Trenchers.

I am local though, 15 mins up the road.....................

The chippies in whitby have some brass neck, £5 for fish, 1.20 for chips, 20p for box....

I had a haddock from my local and its was about 3 feet long, cost me under 5 with chips and box ;-)

Looks very nice, silver with the 18's really suits the new car, shows that crease line down the flanks well....dark colours with the standard 17's are hard to tell apart from the B7.

IMHO the old shape looks..well...old, next to the new one in your photo.

Out of interest is that the standard cloth in the car?...looks more appealing than the black cloth interior.

Currently deciding whether to go for one myself, or maybe the c-class se, the c class is not quite as slick inside however, though the drive is in a similar ballpark...the merc also comes with 16" alloys in SE spec which is a bit of a joke these days!

Enjoy the new car!