What's your favourite car from the 80s?

Mook

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torino and I share a common AM passion but my favourite car of all time was made in the 1990s - the Vantage.

However, from the 80s it has to be the F40 all the way, with the 80s Vantage Torino posted second.

post-1235-13791442164_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew

Well this may surprise some of you who probably think I've always hated Audis, but for me the one car I remember anticipating the most and wanting the most was this:

002.jpg

Slightly more down to earth, my mate's Dad had one of these in white... absolutely cracking car:

Manta_01.jpg

And finally, a proper northern gangster's smoker:

2472155860_85387b27a9.jpg

An excellent topic Mook...

Some good choices from other TSNers, Ferrari 412i, Opel Manta and of course the obligatory MK2 Gti. Always had a soft spot for the Starion too, fond memories of Jons red on on Scumball '06.

I've always loved these, looked at loads over the years, simply never been able to find one that isn't rotten though. MK1 MR2 :

BLUEMK1.JPG

RX7, both mk1 and mk2 -

666504_13_full.jpg

Renault Alpine -

Alpine21.JPG

But this is the one for me, an 80s classic ('scuse crap pic), Porsche 944 Turbo.

porsche-944-turbo-back-1_165.jpg

330D, some good stuff there !

Astra GTE 16V with digital dash ! I was conviced it was the quickest car in the world when a mate had one, burgundy, ace ! With the benefit of hindsight, it was simply crap though !

Porker 959 nice too.

I think these just about qualify as an 80's car - Merc SL. Another one for the dream garage...

116121208317394.jpg

This is the Daddy though :

58-lancia-delta-integrale.jpg