What's your favourite car from the 80s?

Mook

What was/is the difference between Jaguar and Daimler?? Its always confused me!!!

Also, was that the Jag that Edward Woodwood drove in that TV series that i have forgotten that name of?? :grin:

Daimler was the more upmarket version wasn't it had ALL of the luxuries in it and no options (apart from the colour of the leather).

THe TV series I think you'r referring to was The Equaliser. Quality program used to love that when I was younger.+++

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daimler was the more upmarket version wasn't it had ALL of the luxuries in it and no options (apart from the colour of the leather).

THe TV series I think you'r referring to was The Equaliser. Quality program used to love that when I was younger.+++

That's the one!!!! Foooking great pgramme!! +++ Must be some repeasts on sky.... [rushes off to check ]

Hi, I'm Tipex, after literaly some pressure from the duisbergkid I have finally signed up to TSN and banished all other forums from taking up my time (except Scumball occasionally).

Seeing as it's Mooks birthday I thought I'd reward him by putting my first post in his thread!

Anyway, enough of that, my fave 80's cars were/are -

715E9BB9C45EBBA9B54BE7F301B4A.jpg

01.jpg

Not to mention the ubiquitous UR Quattros etc etc, there are so many cars I could spend hours trawling the net looking for pictures, but frankly, I cant be bothered!

Realistically, if I were to be buying something, I'd want a car that isn't going to be a nightmare to maintain and source parts for, so I think the number one useable car of the 80's for me, has to be an Oak green 3 door Mk2 Golf GTI 16v.

However, Im known for not taking my own advice which is probably why I currently own a Supercharged Rover SD1 V8, and a BF5 Subary Legacy Turbo, Ive also had (recently) an Audi Coupe Quattro, a Nissan Primera SRi, and an Alfa 75 3.0 V6. :rolleyes:

Realistically, if I were to be buying something, I'd want a car that isn't going to be a nightmare to maintain and source parts for, so I think the number one useable car of the 80's for me, has to be an Oak green 3 door Mk2 Golf GTI 16v.

Hmmm. That's an interesting choice there John. Well worth considering +++

But don't come on here spouting about Alfas... :P

P.S. - nice to see a pic of the old Legacy going round the Ring in July all stickered up +++

Brave man, admitting to this!!! :roflmao:

However, the rest of your car list excuses you!+++

I have several excuses for it m'lord!

Take your pick from the following -

1. I'm a taxi driver!

2. I bought it literaly an hour before starting the 2007 Scumball rally, due to the Audi I'd previously bought for the event breaking down, and it being offered to me for peanuts!

And to be fair, while it wasn't ever going to set any lap records round the nurburgring, it was actually quite entertaining to drive and very slightly, mildy, just a little bit quick (ish), until it blocked it's own exhaust.:rolleyes:

Still cant take away it's mini cab looks though, even on the ring in the rain in full livery! -

nissan3oy5.jpg

Audi Quattro and the Porsche 959 for me. I'm not that keen on current day Porsches for some reason but I think it was the 959 that got me into cars reading some of the stats on it at the time I remember thinging how incredible it was. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

1983 Mk1 golf GTI campaign. (i still have it lol)

~1986 Audi Ur-Quattro the guy up the street had from new till ~1997 i always wanted that car. Black metallic with black leather. I got him the sales leaflet for him from the motorshow and he went and bought one!

I always liked the mk1 golf GTI better than the mk2 as i spent most of the 90s laffing at every mk2 GTI owners i spotted on the road as they were all paying £1000s for insurance were as the mk1 was not effected by the hothatch insurance scandle of the 90s.

Edited by Snoopy

I'm sorry Mook, but I simply cant take your opinion of cars seriously as I dont believe you've ever owned an Alfa?

Everyone knows you cant be a petrol head until you've owned one!:P

Oh b0ll0cks, what are you doing here ?

Welcome to TSN mate, is it also true you're not a true petrolhead unless you've drunk yourself nearly blind in Brugges on route to the 'ring with the usual suspects, followed by filling the memorycard of Mooks camera with home-made animal pr0n ? :grin:

Some nice choices there, your alfa 75 is legendary, a cracking car (imo) because

1-Its fugly.

2-It goes like stink.

3-Its not German.

:)

Welcome to TSN mate, is it also true you're not a true petrolhead unless you've drunk yourself nearly blind in Brugges on route to the 'ring with the usual suspects, followed by filling the memorycard of Mooks camera with home-made animal pr0n ? :grin:

Some nice choices there, your alfa 75 is legendary, a cracking car (imo) because

1-Its fugly.

2-It goes like stink.

3-Its not German.

And it leaks more petrol than it actually burns!

I have heard that yes. :eek:

Do you think he knows who did it yet? :secret:

I still p1ss myself everytime I think of the bareback dolphin riding pigeon!

1-Its fugly.

2-It goes like stink.

3-Its not German.

Still wonder sometimes how it got us all the way there and back!

Best tasting pint I've ever had too!!

And it leaks more petrol than it actually burns!

Allegedly, if you keep pumping fuel into a full Alfa fuel tank, it all comes out again when you take the nozzel out!:rolleyes:

Edited by Tipex