water/methanol injection

Big-sky

Hey guys, great website/forum+++

I've got a mk4 vw golf gti turbo tuned by Jabba running one of their IHI turbo kits, looking to make it as safe as poss for when i'm tracking it and came across the idea of water/methanol injection.

Wondered what your opinions were on the idea?

I came across these threads on other forums (I know there for diesels but it gives good info)

Turbo Diesel Owners Club UK • View topic - ALCOHOL INJECTION FOR TURBO DIESELS

Pug306.net Forums

water/meth injection works well

i previously ran an aquanmist system 1s until its pump seized.. I replaced the kit with a snow performance stage 2 (progressive controller)

It allowed me to run 12 degrees more ign advance, when running it 50/50 water/meth, and after a race I would return to pits with a physically cold intake manifold. (I race @ Castle Combe in the saloon car c'ship there in a 1.8t seat ibiza cupra 500+bhp)

Reductions in egts also seen, which if your IHI will be a potential exhaust housing saving. IHI's run very hot and their exhaust housings are not very stable@ 900+'C temps it will be seeing on track. I used to run IHI, and have a shelf full off dead warped ones due to this.

contact me via my website if you want more info... Badger5

regards

bill

Cheers for the reply, sounds like its a good product and almost a bit of a must as i'm running a IHI.

Will get it fitted and take it back to Jabba for a remap and see what they can get out of her, previously she made 322bhp and 303ft/lbs but i've since added a FMIC and Jabba ported manifold and she desperatelyneeds remapping.

Was looking at this one as looks a ok price and product DEVILS WATER INJECTION KIT TURBO ERL RX7 STI GTO RS VRS on eBay, also Engine Tuning Parts, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 13-Mar-09 14:01:48 GMT)

Welcome to Tyresmoke Big-sky +++

If I was going to buy a water meth system, I don't think I'd be looking at eBay. I'd try and find the right business to mod the car and then get them to do it or to supply the kit. Yes, you'll probably pay a premium, but then you'd be buying expertise and support, which I very much doubt you would from someone flogging a kit on eBay.

Talk to Bill it's a good place to start +++

Hi:)

It would seem this is just another way they sell and advertise, if you click to buy here http://www.methanol-injection.co.uk/universal-stage-1.php it takes you through to buy that item.

There seems plenty of info on their site and a forum for more backup on the US site Devilsown Methanol Alcohol Water Injection

Me and my bro can fit it, he's a SEAT vehicle technician, very handy:roflmao: