Considering a lease of an X1 - anyone tried one, good lease deals?

edo

Tested 2 of them now (20d & 23d) and came to the same conclusion - the interior trim would make a 1980's FSO look good! One car had an annoying rattle and both had rough edges on the plastic around the glovebox and door handle, I also found the engine noise a little intrusive compared to my 3.0TDi.

If you want an auto then the 23d is the way to go as by the time you add the auto option to the 20d then they are a simliar(ish) price. . . and then there's the looks..!

The XC60 is bigger and better built plus the D5 is a good engine however, when you compare the D5 to either the 20d, 23d or Audi's 3.0TDi it's, slower, drinks more fuel and spits out more dirt.

The design is very different (outside and inside)

The external size is different (X1 is smaller, will be easier to park), internally the X1's boot is smaller.

X1 is really more sporty, (cornering is very good) but the suspension is a little bit hard

XC60 is more comfortable and built from softer materials and may be better for a "family" drive.

Should be easy enough to get a discount on the XC60: Volvo XC60 Crossover - Summary - New Car Review - What Car?

I was undecided between the X1, XC70 and A4 Allroad - the X1's engine was harsh and it's badly built, the XC70 has loads of kit and is well built and the Audi A4 allroad, again well built but quite expensive and can only get the auto with 3.0TDi.

If you want a manual how about a 2.0TDi Audi A4 allroad?

Edited by Andy_Bangle

Thanks Andy.

I think we are heading for an auto/dsg etc. Mainly as my BMW is manual, and we are lucky enough to have a 997 S 911 which is manual (which we dont want to stick loads of miles on with the advent of a new job for my wife).

Ideally we'd like 6 cylinders. We'd like a decent spec (Navigation, leather etc).

I've had the current 170 tdi engine in the A3, and whilst it isnt bad, it isnt the last word in smoothness (certainly compared to my 320d).

I've read it isnt as well insulated in the X1 however. We have a test of a 20d Xdrive on wed, so see how we get on with that.

A3 allroad may be an idea - may be cheaper to lease than the Q5 - which has no discount at the moment...

A 3.0 Q5 would be nice - but nearly 40k when optioned up!

Jesus!

Right, well I had a drive today, and I have to say I was impressed. Ride and drive was better than I was expecting. Slightly more engine noise than the 320d, but really I was quit impressed. Car today was basic with cloth seats. Lower trim was a little cheap for a Beemer, but there were no squeaks or rattles. I think with leather it might be ok....

The XC60 is bigger and better built plus the D5 is a good engine however, when you compare the D5 to either the 20d, 23d or Audi's 3.0TDi it's, slower, drinks more fuel and spits out more dirt.

The design is very different (outside and inside)

The external size is different (X1 is smaller, will be easier to park), internally the X1's boot is smaller.

X1 is really more sporty, (cornering is very good) but the suspension is a little bit hard

XC60 is more comfortable and built from softer materials and may be better for a "family" drive.

Should be easy enough to get a discount on the XC60: Volvo XC60 Crossover - Summary - New Car Review - What Car?

I was undecided between the X1, XC70 and A4 Allroad - the X1's engine was harsh and it's badly built, the XC70 has loads of kit and is well built and the Audi A4 allroad, again well built but quite expensive and can only get the auto with 3.0TDi.

If you want a manual how about a 2.0TDi Audi A4 allroad?

Audi's Q5 3.0tdi is a peach and with DSG, an absolute rocket.

For me it beets the X1 in every conceivable way. The small difference in MPG shouldn't sway any decision, it's hardly a V8 petrol. X1 is pug ugly and smaller - you'd be better of waiting for the new X3.

Is an XC90 too big???

Deals are unreal at the moment.

Got a quote of £299 a month on contract hire for a 2 year deal doing 12k miles a year for a D5 geartronic active.

Aren't they replacing it soon? It looks very dated now IMO.

It's just the fit and finish on the Volvo for me. My dads one is just so plastic fantastic inside.