my black beast

Rachel

Well, due to the house alarm* going off, and a quiet final day at work, I not only got to discover just how fast I could go on an open road but also, once all the dust had settled, take a couple of shots...

Front:

attachment.php?attachmentid=38543&stc=1&d=1268375406

Interior full leather with carbon highlights (gear & handbrake) and Alcantara dark grey roof lining:

attachment.php?attachmentid=38544&stc=1&d=1268375429

Carbon highlight door sill:

attachment.php?attachmentid=38545&stc=1&d=1268375445

&

My favourite - "Thunderbirds are go!":

attachment.php?attachmentid=38546&stc=1&d=1268375465

* bl00dy big Huntsman spider walked across the sensor in one of the rooms. Poor little kitten I'd rescued recently was "not herself" when I finally found her hiding under the bed. :)

post-4885-137914444579_thumb.jpg

post-4885-137914444581_thumb.jpg

post-4885-137914444584_thumb.jpg

post-4885-137914444587_thumb.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor R32 in the background, your 1st love watched you affections change when you got the Boxster, now it's got to put up with you having another affair :grin:

Car looks lovely, do you intend to take on the Lara Croft dress style to match the car ;)

You seem to have adopted the work hard play hard ethic- go girl +++

Poor R32 in the background, your 1st love watched you affections change when you got the Boxster, now it's got to put up with you having another affair :grin:

My first love was my custom A4Q which was replaced by the R32. The R32 is still my "1st love" as you put it. Though little kitty kat might be put off by that statement.

attachment.php?attachmentid=38548&stc=1&d=1268383734

Car looks lovely, do you intend to take on the Lara Croft dress style to match the car ;)

Maybe... I have some Tomb Raider: Underworld outfits :devil:

You seem to have adopted the work hard play hard ethic- go girl +++

Oh yes. Had too much bad news lately, and you are a long time dead...

post-4885-137914444592_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rachel

You should stop thinking about being f*cked by bears chri5... :roflmao:

Rachel, when I saw "my black beast" I wasn't entirely sure what I was about to see... :uhoh:

However, that is one mighty fine Porka! +++

We need more pics!

Firstly of you in the Lara Croft outfits. :grin:

And second, of the black beast having been driven hard across the dustbowl. 911s always look fantastically 'purposeful' when they're filthy. +++

• 5 months later...

Well, it looks shiny from the "as delivered" photos above, but in fact the paint was in a bad way - bazillions of microscratches in the clear coat and stone chips. It appears the previous owner either left it outside a bit and also took it through several automatic (roller brush) car washes - enough that in bright sun, the reflected colour was silver not black.

Well this week it got a full cut/polish of the entire painted area, all the stone chips retouched and then a full detail with some weird stuff Bentley use on their cars.

Below are a couple of shots taken in the garage as we had beautiful cool overcast weather yesterday for the polish - but today is high winds, showers and snow flurries, so the final detail was done "indoors".

Enjoy! +++

The bonnet looking up at the garage roof:

attachment.php?attachmentid=40085&stc=1&d=1281848976

from the front left of the car:

attachment.php?attachmentid=40086&stc=1&d=1281848995

the left flank:

attachment.php?attachmentid=40087&stc=1&d=1281849016

The right rear flank - with flash:

attachment.php?attachmentid=40088&stc=1&d=1281849040

the right rear flank - no flash (and Nick from Home - Platinum to my right):

attachment.php?attachmentid=40089&stc=1&d=1281849058

and finally - the a$$ shot:

attachment.php?attachmentid=40090&stc=1&d=1281849080

Oh, and the filthy photos will be coming after the next big outing - it has to stay in the garage for 24 hours or so for the finish to cure. :-/

post-4885-137914452885_thumb.jpg

post-4885-137914452888_thumb.jpg

post-4885-13791445289_thumb.jpg

post-4885-137914452893_thumb.jpg

post-4885-137914452896_thumb.jpg

post-4885-137914452899_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Beautiful car you've got there. Hope you have plenty of fun with it.

I was...

Today was the big Eastern Australian seaboard Shannon's German Autofest in Canberra, with lots of VW and Porsche folks from Sydney and Melbourne bringing their cars to drive and show to the public.

Given I'd managed to get the paintwork respectable, the plan was to meet maybe 14 cars for a blast through the countryside early this morning, then have a civilised breakfast before going to the car display area.

So, literally right outside the cafe we had booked for breakfast - a complete f*ing $!^%$! who was parked at traffic lights decides he would rather not wait and reverse back into cross traffic without looking and without warning...

Below are some illustration of the joy to be had from of numpties in tray tops reversing without looking (in front of lots of witnesses including 14 Porsche drivers, the cafe owner, several passers by and 2 parking inspectors!)

post-4885-137914454695_thumb.jpg

post-4885-137914454698_thumb.jpg

post-4885-137914454701_thumb.jpg

So at least the RHF fender and front bar to be replaced - and maybe the RH light cluster, because though it looks undamaged, none of the lights work (but the side indicator in front of the wheel is OK)...

Probably $25K worth of damage, maybe more...

Needless to say, after filing the police report and kicking off the insurance, I missed the display and didn't get breakfast till I got home early afternoon. :(

Edited by Rachel

Aw Rachel, I don't know what to say except what a crying shame.

I had missed the original thread so started reading through this and was about to say what a lovely looking car it was when I realised the thread had been updated for less than 'happy' reasons. I'm not sure how I'd react in such circumstances, especially when it is a car that means so much to you.

Here's hoping the repairs get done swiftly and the 911 is soon back on the roads looking better than ever.

Hire a 911 T for a month and splap that on his insurance, hopefully that will cheer you up. It will also allow you unlimited ragging in a motor that you don't own and will be handing back.

I assume that you can claim for a suitable prestige loaner off the back of a 100% clear claim.

I can imagine you turned the air blue with anger and aghast- I would have !

Big virtual hug.

Thanks for the kind thoughts guys. +++

Will find out the details when Porsche Insurance ring me back tomorrow.

Didn't go blue and yell, there were a couple of others already warming up on him.

What was nice though was after I left the scene, the local Police near where my cars get serviced and stuff were appalled when I pulled up in it to go make the formal accident report. They know my cars as the get test driven past the station when serviced (and they see me scoot past every weekend) and thus knew of me, but didn't know me per se. 'twas a good feeling when they offered support (moral and other...). :)

What was VERY funny (and weird) was the numpty called my mobile from the main city police station (in front of the desk sergeant?) 9.5 hours AFTER the crunch to ask me what time it was he ran into me! :eek:

Edited by Rachel
Numpty doesn't know when he crashes

update: new RH guard, RH lower splash guard, front bar and RH headlight assembly + whatever they find when they take it apart...

So maybe $10K just in parts, then add labour + paint + aggro (for me). Drop off on the 5th October, pick up sometime before the 15th.

In order to not totally ruin the 2x long weekends we are to have back to back here from this coming weekend, after taking all the photos and stuff the repairer "borrowed" the car, brought it back with the guard pulled back into alignment and the headlights and stuff all working so I could drive it up till repair day. Most excellent!

Did get to play with 2 new GT3 RS today - what an awesome engine noise! +++ Oh and a play in something called a GT 1. :notworthy:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys!

In answer to your question Mook, I dropped it off today and was told that the original guesstimate of Friday 15th October (next week) was still looking good. Depends on whether parts are in country or need to be flown from Germany.

The assessor for Porsche Insurance was waiting for me when I got there and he pretty much concurred with the original quote. So fingers X'd.