Oh dear - I think Woppum's new toy is about to be upstaged...

Mook

This is the much anticipated Porsche GT2 mk2 lapping at the Nürburgring Nordschleife during industry testing earlier. This facelifted model takes many cues from the recently-released GT3RS mk2 - including centre-lock wheels, an improved front splitter and LED rear lamps.

But beyond those obvious external changes lay a number of significant internal changes, according to one source. The most significant is a massive reduction in weight from over 1400kg to just 1300kg. The next is a power increase from circa 550bhp to a little over 600bhp!

With those kinds of changes (weight, power and aeros), we wouldn't be surprised if Porsche are chasing the 'ultimate Nürburgring lap time' again - it can't be fun having the Americans (ZR1 & Viper ACR) and Japanese (GTR & LFA-maybe) pi$$ing all over the home turf...

Drive by vid at the Ring here 600+bhp GT2 Mk2 makes an appearance...

attachment.php?attachmentid=38965&stc=1&d=1271835122

post-8816-137914446856_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mook

Within Porsche circles, the car to have is the GT3RS.. it's pure driving perfection.

The GT2 is mental without doubt, but in the past people have criticised it for almost being too powerful.. and many racing drivers don't like the turbo aspect.. it doesn't give them the linear performance on a track like the GT3

You don't like the 996? I agree that some of them look a little sh1te but the C4S, Turbo and of course GT2 I think look great.

I love the 997 but I'm not really a fan of the LED lights or those tiny fog lights that look like an after market add-on. Overall thought I think the 997 is a better looking car than the 6.

I hope Top Gear give this GT2 a proper test rather than the cr4p one they gave the gen 1 version.

You don't like the 996? I agree that some of them look a little sh1te but the C4S, Turbo and of course GT2 I think look great.

It's not model specific, it's the whole 996 range - I never liked the front end of them. They now look more dated than the 993 I reckon.

It's not model specific, it's the whole 996 range - I never liked the front end of them. They now look more dated than the 993 I reckon.

Wow Mook, you are fickle, or a fibber... Given this is what you said about my C4S:

Rachel, I don't want to alarm you, but check your webcam above. There's a bloody big bear disguising himself in a baseball cap about to eat your cat :eek:

Porka looks great, by the way +++

Kitty Kat survived the big bear btw, but the little one in the photo I'm not so sure... :uhoh:

If only Porsche had never made the 996. The 993 and 997 are just the best looking Porkas +++

Indeed. +++ Next door had a GT3 'kitted' 996, I never got on with those teardrop lights. :( Next door (other side) has a 997 Carrera, it's 'ok', clawed back some of those looks but, IMO, looks a bit fat and heavy, especially in red. :confused:

Sorry for being a picture whore but this is the shape for me :heart:

993_11.jpg

993_10.jpg

993_09.jpg

993_08.jpg

993_07.jpg

993_06.jpg

993_05.jpg

993_03.jpg

993_02.jpg

993001zo2.jpg

993002mj1.jpg

993005nn1.jpg

993003ju5.jpg

993004vk4.jpg

Wow Mook, you are fickle, or a fibber... Given this is what you said about my C4S:

Kitty Kat survived the big bear btw, but the little one in the photo I'm not so sure... :uhoh:

:roflmao:

You'd be properly pissed if I said it looked sh*t ;)

Your example of a 996 is, of course, great. Still don't like the look of them compared to the 993 or 997 though :P

Yes there is a fair chance the car will have the gt2 rs badge for the first time and cost circa 180k. It will have all the best bits of the new rs but also have the turbo charged 3.8 making around 580-600bhp.

I have never been in the current gt2 but know a few people who have them. general consensus is it is a softer, heavier more usable car than the Gt3 RS which is more hardcore. This should surely be a monster if it is to beat current RS stats:

997 GT3 RS mk2-

Nordschleife: 7.33 min

Hockenheim: 1.09,6 min

Nissan GT-R-

Nordschleife: 7.38 min

Hockenheim: 1.10,9 min

Pagani Zonda F

Hockenheim: 1.10,8 min

• 1 month later...

image1bg2.jpg

THANK YOU. I have been trying to remember the name of this film for ages. I loved the droop snoots as a kid. Love the SCs the best now.

When I saw this thread I did think that Mook might be giving you the heads up on the Mighty Griffin that's tagging along next week! Just bear in mind that my co-driver is very fat and is killing my BHP per tonne!

Edited by DazzerVR6