MKIV running cost totted up !

dazmondo

I`ve had my R32 from new and have just added up all the running costs for the last 7 years :-

Fuel - 2100 Gallons = £ alot

Servicing - x 5 no = £1150.00

Tyres - 7 no = £1100.00

Brakes - 2 fluid changes = £80.00

Body - 1 boot scratch = £275.00

Road Tax - 7 x 200-245 = £1575.00

Insurance - 7 x 230-255 = £1680.00

Pretty cheep running cost for alot of smiles.

Dazmondo- aren't I right in thinking that you never drive the car ? A modest few 1000 miles a year ?

So your running cost, when worked per mile are likely to be very high cost due to insurance cover being the same as some one doing 20k miles a year.

I'd imagine deprecation on good, clean 2003's will be virtually zero now.

I'm glad you still enjoy the car, it is a special one and in years to come will continue to be so.

I'm not trying to pi55 on your statement, but for anyone that doesn't know you garage the car for months on end, and use it on a fair day basis it is a bit misleading to suggest all R32 Mk4 ownership is low cost.

Full cat / exhaust change, new tyres all round (every 12k miles) and high mileage cars with haldex and gearbox issues could run to 35% of the cars value/

I didn't keep a tally but I ran mine for 6 years and 55k miles & all it needed was services x 3, tyres x 2 sets, battery x 1, Pig Tail Springs x 2 (was going to need a 3rd/4th if had kept the car), and a full set of discs & pads at about the 5 year mark (still weren't an MOT failure when changed) so I was pretty pleased with the running costs, depreciation was good too (or at least not terribly painful) as bought lightly used for just under 20k and sold for 9.5k.

Added satnav & rear milltek which I removed & sold before I got rid of the car.