Help on Snow Foam Lancer

rlb-a4

I have just received my order from cleanyourcar.co.uk, which consisted of a Karcher foam lance and valet pro PH neutral Snow foam. Still waiting on my Karcher pressure washer, i have been doing some research to get the best results, and i seem to find alot of different results!

I just wanted to find out what other users of the lance find best.

Is far as i understand you connect it up to the jet wash, put the snow foam in the container, and then add water to the container!? and does it have to be warm?

Thanks alot in advance for your help! :D

Put about an inch of foam in bottom of bottle and about the same of a quality shampoo and top up with water. I use cold water as the foam seems to dwell longer or a very slight bit of hot water mixed in. Spray on the dirty dry car and dwell for 5 mins then blast 90% of the rubbish on your car away. Great stuff the PH neutral foam.

Thank for the replys, will be using on sunday, will take some pics and post up on here. I also purchased GTechniq, g1 and g2 for the glass, the leather one and the fabric one (for my roof). They have good feedback, anyone used them?

Ryan

The glass stuff is pretty good. I applied it with Aquapel on one side and GTechniq Glass sealant on the other. Both are still going pretty well 6 months on. I always normally use Aquapel and have used Carlack and Carplan in the past. Personally, i will continue to use Aquapel, it costs about the same amount of money but is 100x easier to apply. Wipe on wipe off and the Gtechnique requires a couple of products, like wise so does Carplan and Carlack.

Having said that, i tend to prep all my windows after claying with 1Z metal polish on a white polishing pad, followed by a wipe down with window cleaner then apply the Aquapel so i guess prep work is involved but prehapes mine is better then the bottled stuff.

In terms of performance in water sheeting and beading i think it really depends on the angle of the windscreen! I have seen endless videos and discussions on whos is best and what clears quicker. The angle of the Mitsu windows really means it needs to go faster to get a good clearing with either product, the Prius windscreen is angled so that water flys off at as low as 20 MPH!

As for Gtechniq leather protector; it depends on the type of leather you have and most likely you have several types in your car. If you have modern car leather which is protected by a synthetic (think paintwork clearcoat) layer then the "water proofing" that Gtechniq boasts is bad news. The synthetic layer allows micro-tiny droplets of water to be obsorbed in to the skin which keeps it alive. The hydration for this leather is water, not oils or magic juice of any kind.

The Gtechniq Leather product does not offer much in the way protection in terms of scuff proofing. Some protectors offer an additional coating which has depth (measureable) which protects the leather, particularly good in high traffic areas of physical damage.

Uncoated traditional leathers as found on the steering wheels (most often even in modern cars) benefit most from regular cleaning and care, not from locking away.

I feel like the Gtechniq leather and wheel protector were a bit of one of the same, lots of talk but not much "real substance", the glass product is pretty good.

Geoff

Thanks alot for the detailed reply Geoff, it really helped. I found the glass cleaner was really good, it did take a little while as 3 coats of the g1 were needed, and then the addition of g2 to take it off! But only time will tell if its good enough!

As for the Gtechniq leather cleaner, i was not too impressed, it left some marks on the leather which took a bit of work to buff off!. Reading about the product on the website, it did sound like a decent cleaner. I found AG leather cream to do a better job, which was what i was using before. My leather is red Alcantara in a a4 convertible 54 plate. Do you recommend any other product to preserve the leather and keep it in good nick. As i said i normally use AG leather cleaner, followed by the cream.

Check out my pictures in the other thread, i should of put them up here but didn't think of it!

Ryan

Hi,

I saw the photos, the leather doesnt look that bad. Alcantra is a pain to keep looking good on regular use vehicals, there are not many cleaners that are recommend for use on Alcantra.

As for cleaning non alcantra leather on other parts of the car (if there any) any leather cleaner that foams up should work well. The foam lifts out dirt and easily gets in to the leather folds with out need aggresive scrubing. Cotton cloths, not microfibres and also a good option for cleaning leather. The two brands of leather cleaners and protectors i use are LLT and Leather Masters, the later offer an Alcantra compatible product but i have not used it!

Did the marks left on the leather clean up? Sometimes the cool weather causes moisture to remain on interior surfaces.

Geoff