Need a metal polish

Luke

It's not for the car but for some really big pots (says Zinc on the label) in the garden. I've used Autosol on one but it took forever (although it came up a treat). Any other products that would be quicker or better? Got two more to go! Thanks +++

1Z Metal polish, runs about £4-£5 a bottle, its a bit abrasive so you will need to work it down well. It should have the extra bite/cut you require to get through the hard stuff. Maybe even finish it with a less polisher that you have. Its a great product!

Geoff

Not wanting to sound thick! But could you explain 'work it down well' Geoff please. Ta

Well I used up the rest of the Autosol tonight and again its getting a good result, eventually. Christ I seem to be getting 'black' come off the metal for ever! They must be super dirty. Scottys idea of taking them to a metal polishers sounds like a bloody good one, if only the pots weren't full of soil and plants! Looks like more elbow grease it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Well 1Z metal polish turned up Monday, two bottles. It's as you say Geoff, stronger than the Autosol with quite a bit more cutting action. I've done one side which got a better result quite a bit quicker. It's still going to take forever though, ffs! Thanks for the advise mate

Any rotatry with a pad would probably do the job. The pads are foam so watch out if the metal is likely to rip them. There are various metal work pads around though, i have never tried one as i havent had to polish major chrome for yrs! What i would say is that im suggesting this for the garden pots only. You might want to take care with a cheap rotatry polisher on your paintwork dont forget to swap the metal polish pad for your paintwork! Also the 1Z metal polish works a treat on car windows to remove water spots and bring up a really amazing shine (a show car tip of my own!)

Geoff