Unable to sync B7 remote / fob

whitelightning

Hi,

I need some assistance with syncing my B7 fob.

I used the car with my usual fob but when I got home the car wouldn't lock. Changed the battery and now I am unable to resync the fob with the car. Followed the procedures in the manual as well as searching online but no luck. The key unlocks and starts the car fine. Red light is flashing ok on the fob.

No issues with spare key/fob.

Please help.

Thanks.

Stick the key in the ignition and drive it. +++

It will re-sync itself by driving the car - although yes you might have to lock and unlock with the key in the door in the meantime. Did this last summer when I put new batteries in both remotes one after the other.

Only thing worth adding is that if you unlock the door manually you have to stick the key in the ignition within a certain time otherwise the alarm goes off. Its something like 30 seconds so you don't have to rush though

• 2 months later...

I have this problem, although the difference is after I changed the battery, the light on the key fob does not flash, which makes me think the car fob is knackered?

Any ideas? driving me bonkers driving without electronics working in the keyfob, car alarm always going off if you don't put the key in the ignition within seconds in getting in the car and god knows how to open the boot.