Essex Meet - Thurs 14th Nov at Miller and Carter,Lakeside

Biscuits

You mean that as well as having to park at Primark, you don't have proper plates darn' Sarf either?

Last time I went to a 'poncey' restaurant locally they gave me my dinner on a slate. I said I didn't want to eat my food off a roof and to get me a plate. They looked shocked. Then at the end, someone asked for an Irish Coffee (70's I know). The waiter bought over a mug of coffee and a shot of whiskey in a tumbler. I kid you not. Haven't been back.

• Like 1

Same here, T, but the food on the plank is usually nicer.

(Not always though)

I generally find the opposite to be true personally, the best restaurants are the long established ones that concentrate on the food, rather than trying to be 'cool'.

There are always exceptions of course, but that's generally my findings, and I'm a bit of a foodie in case anyone hadn't noticed!

Reallllllly sorry.  I'm out.  :(

I now have 3 conference calls during the afternoon, none of which I could realistically make from the car and one of which is definitely going to require full speed internet access from the office (otherwise I was thinking of 3G, but it just doesn't work and I'm not going to risk a long term account for it).