The Ape's escaped!

Busby

Watched the F1 at my mom and dad's today so decided to ride over the bike - first time out this year!

I'll do some fly-by's and tunnel runs when I get the time but thought I'd post a couple of gentle accelerations for now.  I deliberately set the shift lights to 10k as I didn't want to be going completely banzai!

You don't get much of the sound which is a shame but the tunnel run vid's will fix that!

https://youtu.be/Q3MaxGqzcV0

Edited by Busby
  • Like 1

Ahem, you hit 13k at one point :roflmao:  Nice one. Enjoyed that! Is that a RSV4? Really want a super sports bike, but need to cut my cloth on the naked to start with.

Edited by JonC

At 13k it's still got another 1500rpm in reserve  ;)

Yeah, it's an RSV4 RF.  

The 1000's are silly fun and the V4 is something really special.  There are a crop of brilliant naked bikes around at the moment.  You could also go "sports naked" like the MT10, Speed Triple R or (my favourite) a 1290 R KTM.

I have a MT09 which is sublime, but have a demo day on the MT10 in late June. Never been one for the STR personally, although I do get the legend. The KTM is awesome, huh. Neat and compact like the MT but packing 50 bhp more.

Edited by JonC

The MT09 seems to get brilliant reviews from anybody who has been anywhere near one!  Be interested to hear what you think of the MT10 - I thought it was the star of the bike show at the end of last year and I expect that it will be brilliant.  The KTM is just mental and I think it would be the ideal stablemate for the RF  :cool:

Scotty, the video doesn't pick up the noise well at all.  It sounds bonkers from about 3k but you only really get the screaming at about 8/9k on the video.  When I find a good place to set it up I'll do a drag run away from the camera on a tripod so you get a better idea  +++  :)

• Like 1