Kitchen Counters/Cabinets - where from?

Waylander

1 hour ago, Calm Chris said:

A double oven is an extravagance??

In context Chris, in context!  Unusual in a small flat with such a small kitchen, unusual when the kitchen is a straight-off-the-shelf B&Q flat pack!

1 hour ago, Daz said:

Nah, this is totally extravagant :o

IMG_3340 (1).jpg

Wowzers!

22 hours ago, E-bmw said:

As was stated above Benchmarks is Wickes own brand and are made by Magnet, who are owned by Gower, who are owned by Nobia, a Swedish company.

Mrs E is HR manager in west Yorkshire, cost price available on everything if you know what you want & can collect.

EFA.

+ 10% Used to be available to F & F for up to 3 FULL kitchens/year, No idea why a company would allow someone 3 kitchens/year, most people generally only do one every 10/15 years.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, E-bmw said:

EFA.

+ 10% Used to be available to F & F for up to 3 FULL kitchens/year, No idea why a company would allow someone 3 kitchens/year, most people generally only do one every 10/15 years.

One of my many current nightmares is wife will see new kitchen going into mum's and just as I start breathing again after the install and say "my turn now"

They're not, it's the sort of thing that really bugs me too.  If the time needs to be changed then I turn off the MCB that the ovens are connected to inside the consumer unit then turn it back on so both ovens start up at the same time.  The clocks then match to the second and when you set the time the seconds aren't affected so I can set them both in turn and they'll still be matched.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, burble said:
14 hours ago, burble said:

They're not, it's the sort of thing that really bugs me too.  If the time needs to be changed then I turn off the MCB that the ovens are connected to inside the consumer unit then turn it back on so both ovens start up at the same time.  The clocks then match to the second and when you set the time the seconds aren't affected so I can set them both in turn and they'll still be matched.

:roflmao:it would bug me too admittedly.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Calm Chris said:

I turn mine off and with one hand set one and with the other hand do the other.

Sadly, sometimes my hands, or eyes arent exactly in sync,

As long as I power cycle mine at the same time then my hands and eyes don't have to be in sync as the ovens both set to 0 seconds when starting up so I can set them at any time and they'll both roll over together.

Personally thought I'd be more worried about the localised gravity issues in your place.  That'd bother me more than the times not matching on my ovens.

• Like 2

Our builder friend uses Howdens quite a bit for what he calls 'budget kitchens'.

I saw one he'd fitted and I would have never called it 'budget'.  It looked better than some I've seen costing ten times as much.  I think the look and feel of a kitchen is largely down to design as much as the quality of materials.  I'm also mindful that kitchens can date quickly and you have to be careful not to choose something too 'of-the-moment' that is going to need replacing in 5 years to look anything but out of date.

• Like 1

Thanks

Yep we're after something fairly simple - gloss cream or light grey (to complement the nonslip floor) with handles that parents (okay okay mum - dad won't be venturing into cupboards!) can use when arthritis progresses in hands.

It's the shape of the place that is the biggest challenge with some compromised inevitable

Await call from Howdens in morning to see when they can come out and take it from there. I suspect any saving I make here will contribute towards the reroofing of the extension

Re roof in GRP if its a flat roof.

as for kitchen design use any of the suppliers on line drawing facilities and design yourself. All you need is a tape measure to measure the room, door positions and windows then play away.

All cabinets tend to be a standard width and depth, other than a rubbish swedish flat plack supplier- not that anyone (with any sense) would use them.

4 hours ago, Calm Chris said:

Re roof in GRP if its a flat roof.

as for kitchen design use any of the suppliers on line drawing facilities and design yourself. All you need is a tape measure to measure the room, door positions and windows then play away.

All cabinets tend to be a standard width and depth, other than a rubbish swedish flat plack supplier- not that anyone (with any sense) would use them.

Thanks.

yeah everyone seems to have the same idea anyway so we'll go with who has the preferred colours and best price.