Trespassing Lambo

NewNiceMrMe

This was parked in the Holiday Inn Express in Solihull on Wednesday night.

Turns out to belong to a sports car hire company next door that have been told not to park it in the underground car park reserved for patrons.  I know this because I accidentally shopped the bugger by saying I had just been admiring the Lamborghini in the car park...

image.jpeg

• Like 2

What were you doing staying in that dodgy part of town? :o 

If you've been in the location I think you've been in, I'm sure the owners of the 'car from next door' had a couple of 'their' cars fire bombed previously in that car park, be warned!!

Lots of stories on the owner/owners son of the Lambo and PET (Platinum Executive Travel). Do a quick google search on Lord Aleem or PET cars and you'll have plenty to keep you busy.

Surprised you didn't see the showroom and lot's of hire cars next door though?

• Like 1

Yes, I believe you're correct Max.   I was told of the stories you mention.

I didn't arrive there until 8.45pm and checked out before 9am so I didn't really get a chance to pop next door and take a photograph.  There is a huge showroom in black/red with the cars on display from what I did see though.  I think they've taken to parking the Lamborghini in the hotel car park whenever they can because of some of the 'incidents' that have taken place in the past - much to the annoyance of Holiday Inn by the sounds of it.

One of my clients is in Birmingham city centre and I usually stay at the Premier Inn just off Broad Street by the canal or at the Hilton Garden Inn at Brindley Place.  However, Premier Inn were full and I am sick and tired of Hilton saying they have aircon when it is centralled controlled and usually doesn't work.  The last time I was there it was 28 degrees in the room and the forecast this week was for humid nights.  I've never stayed in Solihull before but HI Express have upped their game massively over the last year and they almost all have superb aircon and the fastest WiFi I've found in any hotel group (in my stays they've averaged between 30-50mb).  It meant a 25-30 minute drive into the city the next morning but it was worth it.

Oh and I then had the most horrendous journey out of the city at 4.30pm to the M6 and M42.  It took me an hour and 20 minutes to get from Broad Street to the M6 because they've got delayed roadworks taking the 4 lanes down to 2.  It was complete mayhem. 

Birmingham is my most visited client city after London so I know it only too well now.  Whilst the roads are never good, this week was something else and it took me almost 5 hours to get home (usually I'll do it is 3hrs 45 mins or less).

Edited by NewNiceMrMe

p.s. I've had a Premier Inn business account for years but they've hacked me off over the last 12 months with a steady increase in prices.  All I need is a comfortable room to sleep in because I rarely arrive before 7pm.  A year ago, I'd get a room in the Premier Inn by the canal for about £70-75 on average.  Now it averages £115 and I am seeing that type of price in most places on Tuesday to Thursday stays (Mondays and Fridays are always cheaper).

In contrast, I can get a HI Express room, usually with better facilities, for between £77 to £90 with 24 hours parking (£5) included in that price and breakfast too.  The Whitbread group are clearly basking in the success of Premier Inn but I know I'm not the only one that has been reassessing what I can get elsewhere.  IHG (Holiday Inn) also have a rewards scheme (something Premier Inn don't have) that means I get a free night, on average, for every 10 nights stayed.  So far this year I've booked over 40 nights in Premier Inns so my reward for £4k+ spent with them is bugger all.  With IHG I'd have had 4 nights free and a cheaper bill.

2 hours ago, NewNiceMrMe said:

p.s. I've had a Premier Inn business account for years but they've hacked me off over the last 12 months with a steady increase in prices.  All I need is a comfortable room to sleep in because I rarely arrive before 7pm.  A year ago, I'd get a room in the Premier Inn by the canal for about £70-75 on average.  Now it averages £115 and I am seeing that type of price in most places on Tuesday to Thursday stays (Mondays and Fridays are always cheaper).

In contrast, I can get a HI Express room, usually with better facilities, for between £77 to £90 with 24 hours parking (£5) included in that price and breakfast too.  The Whitbread group are clearly basking in the success of Premier Inn but I know I'm not the only one that has been reassessing what I can get elsewhere.  IHG (Holiday Inn) also have a rewards scheme (something Premier Inn don't have) that means I get a free night, on average, for every 10 nights stayed.  So far this year I've booked over 40 nights in Premier Inns so my reward for £4k+ spent with them is bugger all.  With IHG I'd have had 4 nights free and a cheaper bill.

Got to pay Lenny's fees!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NewNiceMrMe said:

I've never stayed in Solihull before 

This is the bit that surprised me, Solihull is a lovely place but probably about another 4-5 miles further on from where you were. I guess HI use the name Solihull due to the proximity to the airport. As long as you dont go out for a walk I'm sure you'll be ok :grin:

Traffic in Birmingham has been a nightmare as of late, fortunately I manage to miss most of it nowadays :P

In fairness to the PET guys they have quite an extensive fleet of which some is normally on display in the showroom

Fair point, I'm aware it isn't really Solihull (and Solihull would have been a bit too far out for me to travel into the city in the morning).

I go to Birmingham around 4-5 days times each month.  It is the place I visit most for clients after London (I'm usually there 6-7 days a month).

It is a city going through huge change and the amount of development is impressive.  I have little choice but to suffer the traffic because of where my clients are based in the city.  Driving down the night before saves me a lot of hassle though.  I just can't understand why they think they can take 4 lanes down to 2 at all times of day and not create havoc (it isn't helped by the fact that the work has over-ran massively and they've now put a sign up to say it will continue until the 17th September).

I just hope they finish by the 17th because I've got another 2 days there this month and I don't really fancy sitting in one of the underpasses for 50 miunutes again.

• Like 1