Daz

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

ii) Did 23MPG on the way home using Optimax for the first time (as opposed to about 19.2mpg on the way down). Not a fair comparison yet as the 19.2 included some windy bits not covered on the way home but the way home did include some spirited driving (I was following 18ME you see). Basically though I am now testing the theory that Optimax pays for itself with improved economy.

[/ QUOTE ]

25.6 from the petrol station to home here Hash but as you know I didn't bother stiking with 18ME.

[ QUOTE ]

I'll tell you what was amusing. grin.gif

At one point we stopped at some lights. Then they went green and 18ME floored it off the line with a glorious Milltek bellow.

Of the three S4 Cabs behind (and in front of me), the two rearward ones floored it momentarily then immediately backed off as the leading S4 Cab toddled along at a nice sensible speed oblivious (or more likely choosing to ignore) the antics of those around her. Not saying who, obviously! grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But she did top work of holding the convoy together.

Hashluck and I were reaching for the map at one stage & were very glad to find CG hanging back a bit once the lights had finally changed.

[ QUOTE ]

and a dirty roof stowage cover coffee.gif, as you said at the meet it was actually blue under the dirt and grime grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually thinking it may be Silver Cab mark two and the blue is just a distinct lack of washing. Flush.gif

I am going to clean the leather this weekend. I will post pics of the cloths......yuk. dung.gif

[ QUOTE ]

One particularly amusing incident.

Anyway, shortly afterwards we approach a roundabout. We're all in the righthand lane and he comes up the left, past our row of Cabs! grin.gif

And realising whats going on, bless him he starts tooting his horn and waving at us all before turning off left! cool.gif

Very funny...! yelrotflmao.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I WTF someones gone AWOL for 1/2 a second and then realised they weren't with us. Hope they find this thread and realise what was going on.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

ii) Did 23MPG on the way home using Optimax for the first time (as opposed to about 19.2mpg on the way down). Not a fair comparison yet as the 19.2 included some windy bits not covered on the way home but the way home did include some spirited driving (I was following 18ME you see). Basically though I am now testing the theory that Optimax pays for itself with improved economy.

[/ QUOTE ]

25.6 from the petrol station to home here Hash but as you know I didn't bother stiking with 18ME.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bloody hell you are econo man! I am impressed and you probably were not that far behind. Having said that, is it really an S4 or did you just re-badge the 3.0 wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

and a dirty roof stowage cover coffee.gif, as you said at the meet it was actually blue under the dirt and grime grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually thinking it may be Silver Cab mark two and the blue is just a distinct lack of washing. Flush.gif

I am going to clean the leather this weekend. I will post pics of the cloths......yuk. dung.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lottie wear gloves, trust me, you don't know what you are dealing with in there, it still has not come competely off my hands!

[ QUOTE ]

Bloody hell you are econo man! I am impressed and you probably were not that far behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I try not to waste energy slowing down smirk.gif.

I've used about 5 tanks full now and the average is around 23mpg real. (no real traffic but a fair bit of fun). I'm pleased with this especially given the S4's reputation.

Keep us posted on whether the Optimax does work out for you.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lottie wear gloves, trust me, you don't know what you are dealing with in there, it still has not come competely off my hands!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hash I am thinking of selling it as a new form of biochemical weapon. pengy.gif

Its still on my hands too. Evil. UHOH7.GIF