collease

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

I can't help thinking that such examples of road rage are much more a south east thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif I was in the middle of a road rage incident and managed to trigger a second road rage !!! Some fella cut me on the M25 and during our shouting/gesturing exchange I drifted a little out of my lane and succeeded in cutting up an unrelated car in the process smashfreakB.gif

This guy then chased me off the motorway, tried getting out of the car at the roundabout, I then sped off, he gave chase again and I thankfully managed to lose him !

grin.gif learnt my lesson jump.gif

When my mate had his 106 1.4 diesel we were going to the cinema in it and he managed to get caught up in a 'my cars faster than yours' with some butch looking guy (in some equally as shite car) and they were cutting each other up for 5 miles of this dual carriageway and then when they got to the roundabout, butch man got out his car, and came over to the 106...my mate opened his window confused.gif and got a punch in the face. Got a lovely shiner!!

And also on the way back from Hertfordshire, some bloke in an astra cab was trying to over take me, really slowly and I got bored of it and tapped my foot down, then went into the right side lane and over took the car that was in front of me, then tucked back into the left lane. Astra came past a bit faster that time giving me the finger...I never understood what that was about.

Then about a mile or two further down, I was overtaking someone at 85 (yep, the days before I got pulled over for speeding) and this blokes comes up behind me, must have been approaching about 100 or so, then he started flashing at me and giving me the finger...even more confusing.

I've never had anyone get out of their car at me though, which I'm quite thankful of.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's just that I'm a safe driver then and don't seem to incur the wrath of these numpties.

[/ QUOTE ]

what you trying to say!!! the_finger.gifgrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah... wasn't actually to sound like that! tongue.gif

I do tend to lock my doors these days. One day I might even read the manual properly so I can set them to lock automatically. But I guess that's as much about being carjacked than road rage.

If someone is being more than a little erratic, I always prefer to keep them in front of me than behind... then I can see what they're doing. And I guess after twenty years or so behind the wheel, I've now got to the point where very little actually narks me, which means I'm less likely to react or do anything provocative. Unless they catch me laughing at them... grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's just that I'm a safe driver then and don't seem to incur the wrath of these numpties.

[/ QUOTE ]

what you trying to say!!! the_finger.gifgrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah... wasn't actually to sound like that! tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ok - you're forgiven! Seeing as you are a local! beerchug.gif

Garcon - I actually own one of those Maglites. I was being daft!

Anyway, I feel a lot safer with a loads of martial arts experience including lots of disarming techniques.

If you pull out a weapon in any situation you are raising the stakes massively.

Bad idea.

I know people that have been involved in road rage and its not a pretty site, I also remember once as a student I was in a very dodgy south london road, I cut a guy up by mistake, but in my youthfulness started blowing the horn at him confused.gif he stopped the car in the middle of the road, very calmly went to the boot of his car, came out with a metal bar running towards me and went for me through the windscreen...luckily somehow I reversed a bit and he hit the bonnet (it actually dented it so bad I wondered what would have happened if that force had hit the screen!!) that always makes me think the levels people would goto... so atleast you got off undamaged mate 169144-ok.gif

as with the maglite I also have one, but considering most people have them now its gonna turn into a bloody sword fight/fencing...imagine both get out their cars with their maglites in their hand...onguard!!sorry am laughing about it with the image in my head smashfreakB.gifyelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Garcon - I actually own one of those Maglites. I was being daft!

Anyway, I feel a lot safer with a loads of martial arts experience including lots of disarming techniques.

If you pull out a weapon in any situation you are raising the stakes massively.

Bad idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Had a feeling you might be ... but it was too late to edit then. I'll just go and sit in the corner, it's been a strange day.

pengy.gif

You're damn right about the weapon though. And the martial arts experience.

[ QUOTE ]

The incident yesterday has now made me wary of traffic lights i found myself this morning constantly checking the door was locked and looking in all the mirrors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a cameraphone?

You could have taken photos of his car/plate and him. That's a good deterrent if someone is banging on your window as they'll know you have evidence for the police and many "would-be" hard men turn into jelly if they know you're contacting the police.

I assume you are male btw, and the guy wasn't such complete scum as to punch the window of a car with a lady driver? (no offence, your name isn't on your profile, that's all)

The guy was bang out of order regardless of course. If you remember part of the reg police may be able to track him down?

My brother in law was "attacked" by a white van driver who claims he cut him up. He kept his door and window shut and picked up his mobile phone implying that he was either going to take a photo or call the police. The white van driver smashed his window with a brick, grabbed his phone and smashed it, then thumped him and drove off. He was too scared to report it to the police frown.gif

The mentality of somebody who will get out of their car and physically threaten you normally means they are out for a fight pure and simple. If you brandish a mobile phone, they won't suddenly apologise, it will infuriate them. The best thing you can do in a situation is say "sorry mate, I apologise" - it takes them off guard then you can whack them with your torch.

Your brother in law should have reported it to the police.

The guy committed about 5 offences and wouldn't be acting so tough when he loses his job, house, wife etc and has a record.

If someone did that to me, I'd give them a good kicking (in self-defence, if I could of course 169144-ok.gif) and then press charges!

Obviously in my job we get to see some of the accessories carried by different drivers.

... I can tell you that the kind of guys who wear bomber jackets and drive Jags and landrovers do not carry Maglites - but some of them do have very large and heavy dildos in the door pockets.

I guess if you get stopped by the police, you just say "Don't ask me, it belongs to the missus".

[ QUOTE ]

Try this one, If someone jumps out there car at the traffic lights and is going to hurt you, jump out you car run around to his car (see pic) Take his key out of the igntion and throw them into a nearby field or brushes. yelrotflmao.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the diagram. Very clear. Top marks znaika.gif