BBC Top Gear

RedRobin

For people who are looking for a hardcore hatch and are willing to wrestle the best out of it the VXR looks like an excitng piece of kit and pretty good value.

Looked like it was having real trouble trying to lay all its power down though. 240 Bhp is pretty mental for a FWD car. crazy.gif

Hi ToxicB,

I had very similar thoughts about the VXR - it's certainly a performer and good value, providing you don't want a 5dr and the flexibility and luxury of DSG. I hate the VXR rear end though !! Yuk styling, trying too hard and looks cheap.

BTW, how you enjoying your very recently acquired new car ? (silly question !!)

Robin, the car is a dream.

I managed a bit of high speed driving on Friday before I became involved in the whole nightmare that is the M25. SAUER0421.GIF

Had to work Saturday. Evening was going to a friend's BarBQue and told them I'd have a few to drink. Sunday spent most of the morning hungover plodding round the Golf course, wanted to wash it in the afternoon, it rained. ROLLEY~14.GIF

So overall not anywhere nearly as much time spent driving as I'd have liked. frown.gif

I just knew you'd absolutely love it !! Although some have quite rightly complained about an obvious fault or very minor aspect (like what type of aerial fitted !!!! Jeeze! Does it matter ?), no-one appears to have complained about the fundamentals of the GTI....It's simply a winner !

Re cleaning: I'm having something called "A-Glaze Plus" which is a paint sealant system resulting in water-off-a-duck's-back droplets and major protection.

http://www.aglaze.com

I know it adds even more money to the cost but red cars are more susceptible to hot sun and I live near the sea (2 miles inland) where the seagulls roam smile.gif

Enjoy your new car

Robin smile.gif

Redrobin wrote: Re cleaning: I'm having something called "A-Glaze Plus" which is a paint sealant system resulting in water-off-a-duck's-back droplets and major protection.

I'm interested in getting this applied to mine when it comes (hopefully September). I have just looked on their site but can't see how much this would cost (maybe I missed where it said the cost!). Do you know how much this would cost?