Ferrari running costs

Mollox

My 308 costs about £1,500 p.a. I take it to an independent garage. I normally do 3000 miles p.a. so I have a couple of services which cost £300-£400. The belts cost about £400 every 2 years or so (but this year I didn't check so had them done again frown.gif ) the rest are things that are out of the ordinary that happen every so often. This year I needed to change the brake servo master cylinder (£500) and the fuel lines which had split (£350).

My insurance is about £900 p.a.

The enjoyment however is worth every penny and more. I also continue to maintain that i enjoy the 308 driving experience more than the 355. It just makes you feel so much more special being in it. The 355 is faster, and is more posey if you're into that sort of thing, but it is very refined and cushioned for me. I tend to prefer to drive cars that don't have the electronics to help out and have the raw mechanical feel. At least, the 355 in my opinion is the last V8 to not have this (although the suspension is electronically controlled, but no traction control etc).

Having said all that, i must say that I really want a 360 Challenge Stradale when i can afford one as that is absolutely awesome. Talking of running costs, the ceramic brakes on a CS are £15,000 !

Everything is cheaper as an option. When you need it after then the rpice is different. For example, the ferrari shields you see on the front wings of the car are about £600 (ish) option. If you need to buy them separately they are £540 EACH plus fitting etc which, when you add VAT etc comes to about £1500! Ive been looking for ferrari bucket seats for my car. This was a £2k option but they charge £4500+VAT to get them from the dealer. suicide.gif

For the 355 I have used mainly maranellos but then was not too happy and went to Graypaul and PJ Evans. Since the warantee period is over from last month, I will probably use QV who are an independent and have been doing my 308 for 8 years without missing a beat. I think they charge a much more reasonable £45 p.h or so.

I have an elise that I take to HR Ownen and they charge £85 +VAT ph for Lotus. I think the ferrari servicing is same price as the others.