MR2 MK1 Anyone ?

theduisbergkid

One of my friends has gone of these (got it the same day I got my MX-5!) and I think its superb, quick, well built and while the interior may not be anything special to look at it is superbly driver focused.

Great cars 169144-ok.gif

667318-245ef8d725f836470531e505f8df1641.jpg

Watch out for rust on the wings is the main thing, most will have some but remanufactured replacement ones are available, just make sure its not too bad. Also be warned, after the scumball you probably won't want to sell it!

Also, avoid the t-bar, they aren't anywhere near as rigid as the coupe and most if not all coupes have a removeable sunroof that can be stored in the front 169144-ok.gif

post-6279-137914340354_thumb.jpg

They're brilliant cars! My friend too bought his at the same time that i got my mk1 mx5. I had a good spin in it a few times and the handling was fantastic and <dare i say it> better than the MX5. It certainly felt more planted on the road at motorway speeds. The engines are fairly strong overall but be careful of the cambelt cos i've heard of quite a few going on people. Other than that, rust is the only little niggle, rear wheel-arches are very common. T-Bars tend to leak a lot too.

[ QUOTE ]

They're brilliant cars! My friend too bought his at the same time that i got my mk1 mx5. I had a good spin in it a few times and the handling was fantastic and <dare i say it> better than the MX5. It certainly felt more planted on the road at motorway speeds. The engines are fairly strong overall but be careful of the cambelt cos i've heard of quite a few going on people. Other than that, rust is the only little niggle, rear wheel-arches are very common. T-Bars tend to leak a lot too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind the rust, I was interested in the reliability of the mechanics, but I haven't heard anything bad, other than sometimes they jump out of 5th. I'll post a pic when I finally get it !

Yes, well sort of. The car in questions belongs to a colleague who will sell it to me in March-ish, so I get it then. I'll stick some pics on when I get it. Its had the arches done, has the odd rust blister, but nothing too bad, nice set of 15" alloys too (they look huge on a little motor like this), bright blue velour interior ... niiiiiice. !

• 2 months later...