Does your car make you happy?

drpellypo

Hi Kev, yes my car makes me happy. I get a great deal of enjoyment driving it and try to keep it in tip top condition along the way. Formerly I owned a Lexus IS300 Sport which despite having had 2 rather nasty attempts to gain entry to it, one where a crow bar was used to pry the drivers door handle off and the other when they jemmied the boot open, also made me very happy in a different way than the Audi. My Merc C32 AMG which I had for a few months made me happy too apart from when I had to visit the Merc dealer, then for some strange reason my blood did boileth over on more than one ocassion!!!! More recently and prior to getting the Audi S4 I also had a Seat Cupra R which made me happy from time to time but more often it made my back ache...... frown.gifbeerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Hi Kev, yes my car makes me happy. I get a great deal of enjoyment driving it and try to keep it in tip top condition along the way. Formerly I owned a Lexus IS300 Sport which despite having had 2 rather nasty attempts to gain entry to it, one where a crow bar was used to pry the drivers door handle off and the other when they jemmied the boot open, also made me very happy in a different way than the Audi. My Merc C32 AMG which I had for a few months made me happy too apart from when I had to visit the Merc dealer, then for some strange reason my blood did boileth over on more than one ocassion!!!! More recently and prior to getting the Audi S4 I also had a Seat Cupra R which made me happy from time to time but more often it made my back ache...... frown.gifbeerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Heh heh, there's nothing like going to the "Stealership" for service or repair to get your blood pressure up! I guess they are as bad on your side of the pond as they are over here!

For business I drive 4 1/2 hours one way up to the San Francisco Bay area where my clients are. When I was driving the Mustang with the 5-speed and the Eibach suspension the trips were fun but very tiring, especially in heavy stop and go traffic in the metropolitan area. The stiff suspension along with all the shifting was wearing this middle aged guy out pretty good. When I got the Caddy I was simply amazed at how comfortable those trips became. I was not nearly as tired and could even make it a round trip in a day. (A very long day!)

The driver's seat in my Caddy is more comfortable than my living room furniture!

[ QUOTE ]

My car is great, love it and am tempted just to go for a drive this morning for no reason other than to have the roof down for the first time this year and smile smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I love Sunday morning drives with the roof down!

However, take this DHA slap.gif for not having had the roof down yet! grin.gif

We've had quite a bit of fantastic weather this year already! 169144-ok.gif

A car itself doesn't make you "happy" though IMO.

I find everything is soooo much more fun when shared with people you're close to!

However, whenever I'm stressed, or if I ever feel a bit down, a topless drive in the sun with some fab tunes blasting, helps me relax and feel greeeaaat!! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

A car itself doesn't make you "happy" though IMO.

I find everything is soooo much more fun when shared with people you're close to!

However, whenever I'm stressed, or if I ever feel a bit down, a topless drive in the sun with some fab tunes blasting, helps me relax and feel greeeaaat!! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Chav, I have to step in there as giving a mere blip on the throttle on mine makes me smile. I'd love to share the V8 experience with my loved one but she doesn't appreciate it; although her father and my father certainly do! ECLIPSe.gif

Get us all into a lot of trouble all being petrolheads with our respective other halfs! slap.gif

But the S4 does make me extremely happy but like you say it's not the only thing.