DIS Retrofit On 2.0T B7

richi

Shark 90 do you know of anyone who has retro-fitted the DIS system to their B7 A4 as you did to B6, or has anybody else attempted it with success?.

Also how much does the relevant wiper stalk cost any what VAG-COM simulation software and lead do you require for this model(2.0T S LINE B7 2005)?

Thanks.... ECLIPSe.gif753034-DSC00068.JPG

Hi mate, don't know of anyone who has retrofitted to the B7 but I know the principle is the same. I'm still doing research and waiting for information from various people so we can pin down what can and can't accept DIS, and then if the related parts can be retrofitted to make it work.

Firstly, do you have cruise control?

Secondly, where abouts are you? You can't be far from me with a plate like that smile.gif

What do you have on the screen at the moment? Outside temperature and fuel tank range?

Now I have a bit more time on my hands I'll explain what I can smile.gif

Cruise definately depends on which Steering Control Module you have. I am not certain, but I think that retrofitting DIS also depends on that same module.

The steering control module looks like this:

step15.jpg

See the part number on the white label - if the part number on the label has an N on the end (like mine) then it can take cruise. If it can take cruise, and you have a full height screen (ie temperature and range display) then I think you should be able to retrofit DIS quite easily.

I'm not sure how much the Steering Control Module is, but the stalk (new) is £51+VAT from VAGParts. I managed to get a Steering Control Module with all the stalks on (indicator, wiper with DIS and cruise) for £50 from a breaker.

Then it needs coding with VAG-COM. A lead will cost around the £130 mark I think, unless you can find someone on here to do that part for you (I could help out here).

If you need any more info, give me a shout 169144-ok.gif I'm still waiting on information from various people (including our resident cruise control retrofitter stratty31) so I'm sorry it's a bit vague.

• 16 years later...