Gumball 2006 starts from Pall Mall on Sunday !

Calm Chris

Awesome event. We managed to get into the garage where the cars were stored before the race. It was another world!! A superb selection of cars on this year's event although no Zondas or Koenigsegg which was strange. Lots of top end Lambos and Ferraris of course. Car of the rally has to be that Bedford Rascal Van though! I can't believe they are really taking part in that! There are 2 VW Combis on the rally this year. One is the Samba one with the Porsche running gear and 3.2 Engine as seen last year. The other is a standard one with Bob Marley written on the side. Had a quick word with one of their 'team' in the garages... he was dressed as a nun! Crazy 169144-ok.gif

I wish i had £100k to spare!

That'd be an RS4, place in the gumball and hire of the cheeky girls for a week!!

Does anyone watch 'Cops, Cars and Superstars' on Sky? Bullrun - looks like fun - if not an unoriginal idea!

[ QUOTE ]

I wish i had £100k to spare!

That'd be an RS4, place in the gumball and hire of the cheeky girls for a week!!

Does anyone watch 'Cops, Cars and Superstars' on Sky? Bullrun - looks like fun - if not an unoriginal idea!

[/ QUOTE ]

Simon, I take it that you are referring to a B5 RS4 (perhaps MTM) as opposed to the newer guise??? More room in the back etc etc smile.gif169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Saw them in Terminal 2 once at LHR. With their mother. Now THAT is scary. If it was a choice between their mother or the girls James who would you pick?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mate, leave one of the barrels empty suicide.gif

Not such if the 888888 Lambo plate was real or not.

The Porker with FU plate was owned by Fiona Richmond a 70's soft core pron star. Sold for £60k+ years back.

Team Tango had T4NGO.

About 50% of the cars had (somehow) lost registration plates.

I saw a policeman walking around writing stuff in his note pad, picking on the cars with no plates. He was less than amused when I got a crowd shouting "kill joy" at him.

[ QUOTE ]

The Porker with FU plate was owned by Fiona Richmond a 70's soft core pron star. Sold for £60k+ years back.

Team Tango had T4NGO.

I saw a policeman walking around writing stuff in his note pad, picking on the cars with no plates. He was less than amused when I got a crowd shouting "kill joy" at him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess he was only doing his job.

And you probably wouldn't be too amused if someone without plates knocked you over, and you had no way of identifying them.

[ QUOTE ]

Team Tango had T4NGO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tango was on the Drivers run trip to monaco that I went on last year. absolute nutter.

On my way round the Heathrow perimeter road on Saturday morning I saw a horrendously decked out Bentley with the Gumball stickers and a spoiler. I assume it was on its way to the West End. Did anyone see it?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Funny thing is there's a team entry in a VW camper confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If it is the camper seen on the 2005 run, it is powered by a flat-six Porsche 911 engine... ices_blah.gif

They also managed to overheat and break down in every country, definitely something different though, internally it's kitted out with all the gadgets, Sat Nav, Road Angel, Xbox, screens etc!

795733-Gumball2005h.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Funny thing is there's a team entry in a VW camper confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If it is the camper seen on the 2005 run, it is powered by a flat-six Porsche 911 engine... ices_blah.gif

795733-Gumball2005h.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

They also managed to overheat and break down in every country, definitely something different though, internally it's kitted out with all the gadgets, Sat Nav, Road Angel, Xbox, screens etc!

[/ QUOTE ]

In case anybody wants to know what Alex and I are on about, see here, a video first highlighted by Mook. bowdown.gif

Am I right in saying they got off a ticket because the German Police simply couldn't believe the camper would actually do 120 mph - the speed on their laser gun? Good job they didn't watch the camera footage showing the RA GPS read-out. Cruising speed - 100 mph.

Ian