Up to £45K for a weekend car, the answer...

Ari

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, lets do the "What Car" bit first. No, it's not as good as a Boxster. It doesn't have the build quality, it doesn't have the equipment, you have to take the roof off by hand and stuff it in the boot , and the stalks are out of a Ford Orion. It's noisy, it's quite cramped, and safety? Well, no air bags, no ABS, no traction control, no ESP, just you and (hopefully) a dose of common sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you have to put in the boot on the convertible.

As far the car, amazing choice.

I had a test drive in a mark 1 tuscan last year and I have never had such a smile driving a car in my life. Absolutely amazing, raw driving pleasure. Having said that, I think the fact I was scared witless at the idea of all that power and no safety features had a lot to do with making the experience so vivid.

Hope she has lots of luck with the car, as reliability still an issue.

It's not so much the boot space as the hassle factor. I'm used to toggling a little switch and having the whole lot glide effortlessly away or back up. Wrestling a roof panel out of the boot and fiddling it into a little groove before pushing the back section up to lock it all in place seems a trifle unsophisticated by comparison. grin.gif

Oh, and it's seriously windy in there at *ahem* motorways speeds. So we decided to raise the rear section to convert it from full convertible to targa top. And that made it worse!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

All part of the charactor though, apparently. Thing is these are the kind of things that would be a pain in a day to day car, but in a weekend hotrod just don't seem to matter in the same way.