• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[flame suit on]

not sure if i should admit this, but

my hard top is still on smashfreakB.gif

i know, i know, the lame excuse > better handling with the tin top on

the real reason im my case > my car is filthy, needs a full monty clean/wax up which is scheduled for this weekend, for when i can clean the roof whilst its still on and off the car into storage

not sure what everyone else's excuse is znaika.gif

Having bought the MR2 last September, without a hardtop, I had seriously considered buying one and retrofitting the fixing kit. However, I then came to my senses and realised that it would be a significant disincentive to going topless.

I may have said it before, but I did learn one lesson during the winter .... scrape the windscreen before dropping the roof, otherwise you then have to brush the ice off the seats!

A friend of mine brought a special edition MX5 that came with hardtop - thought it would be a good idea for Winter - the only problem was she had no where to store the top and couldnt get it off unless someone went around to help!!

SO moral of that storey is think a bit better about what you are buying before you take delivery!!!!!

My parents hardtop is currently living in one of those huge bags builders get sand in, wrapped in an old sheet and bubblewrap in their garage. They said that if they had the choice again they wouldn't bother getting one.

Incidently when they bought the car in 2000 they were advised by the stealer to bring the car back to have it removed as the "windows would need adjusting". Which raised two questions from me:

1) WTF? How gullable do they think we are?

2) How were they supposed to get it home afterwards? Would the dealer be storing it for them then?

Anyone else heard this?

[ QUOTE ]

Whats worse is convertibles with roofs up today when there is a coupe version available! New Jag XK rag top roof up. Buy the coupe fool!

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Another scorcher and loads of people with the roof up. smashfreakB.gif

My roof was down today - rather charmingly got cut up at a large motorway island by three likely lads in an 06 plate electric foul blue Megane cabriolet with their roof down, shades on, thinking they had arrived and could choose their lane discipline. NONO3.GIF

As we eventually pulled level at the lights I told them they were driving a pile of French dung.gif and where was the local gay hairdressers' convention being held this year as I wasn't aware there was one on in Warwick at the moment. Then I wheel span promptly away in my RWD little Blingpipe before they could retaliate. grin.gif

Ah, top down motoring. Sun tan and annoying the locals. grin.gif (not that I advocate abusing Megane drivers obviously. znaika.gif)

LOL!

Good move Lottie!! Very diplomatic grin.gif

Firs tthing Julie and me did when we got in the car was open all the windows, sun roof, turn the Grease Megamix up full volume!

Although I saw an MGF with the roof up, an MX-5 with the roof up, and oddly, (dangerously?) one of those Citroen Pluriel things in full convertible with the steel bars removed!

[ QUOTE ]

Whats worse is convertibles with roofs up today when there is a coupe version available! New Jag XK rag top roof up. Buy the coupe fool!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I must confess to putting the roof up today when I was about 2/3rds of the way home. I was getting very hot in the traffic and could feel sunburn starting. I apologise to the cab owners association. frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Better go put the Caymen on order....