Not long to go now ...

clipstone

Sorry guys - car was filthy after the great cab weather we have been having (yeah right!) and there was no way I was posting pics of a dirty car!!

Cab is now nice and shiny and pics taken - need converting from RAW format though so hopefully will post tomorrow night after work - it would have been tonight but got delayed watching Top Gear!

First impressions are all good.

Happy with the build quality, its nice and smooth and drives well. The missus got 50mpg this morning, with less than 200 on the clock, so I hope to see that regularly after its loosened off a bit.

I was pleased to find that the diesel noise is not too intrusive, even with the roof down, once it is rolling and the road noise generally through the roof, although it is there, is none too bad.

On Sat I drove PSI Tuning's A4 Avant 1.9TDI (130) that has been remapped - I have to say that it is awesome and much more like a petrol car in the way the power is developed - safe to say I think a re-map will be on the cards after my cab has done a few thousand miles to wear it in!!

Other than that I think the car is pretty much everything I hoped for - I can't stop looking at it which must be a good sign!!

I just hope I continue to enjoy it as much as I have in the last few days - and that some decent weather comes back so I can get that roof down some more!

By the way, pics will def be up tonight, before I get lynched by you lot!

Nice to hear someone happy, my TDi was pretty similar with the noise but you get used to it and forget about it. Had a 2.0TDi A3 on Saturday morning which impressed me, the torque.., forgot how good TDi's are.

If your still looking at it your still happy, that's good 169144-ok.gif But you know your really happy when you name it..(Ari sekret.gif)

Looks like Thursday is gonna be the only chance this week for roof down frown.gif

I'd see how you get on before remap, more power = more temptation = dung.gif mpg

Great pics Clipstone, very smart, seeing yours and Smitten 's cabs I think the B7 definetely suits darker colours best 169144-ok.gif Is that the metalic or solid black?

Nice to see exhaust tips on the B7 TDi's, used to moan about the B6 not getting them.

Thought about changing the mirrors? sekret.gif

Its metallic - phantom black I think it is called - in cloudy weather it looks flat, but the sun really pops the pearl up nicely.

I agree on the exhausts - when I was looking at the B6 diesels I kept thinking "new valence, new exhaust" every time I saw one!

Might do the mirrors, but think I will do the pedals first, as seen in justthe1's s-line pics - think they look really smart.

Problem is I get married in 8 weeks so no available funds at present!