davidhodgkinson

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

Thing is simon_evo, all you're doing now is cementing the stereotype that Evo/Scooby drivers are twats.

Which is a shame, because a few more (sensible) people with a different angle on things would really help the site broaden its appeal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like Simon_evo has been mis-interpreted - i dont think he was saying anything against RS6's or Audis, just that his Evo VI is quicker - after suggestions that a) he didnt own an Evo and b) the RS6 driver wasnt even trying, he poste dpics and stated third party evidence about lap times, 0-100 times and power to weight ratios. cant see much wrong with that from here! It would be different if he didnt own an Audi and slagged of the interior, but he is actually pointing out his likes and dislikes of his OWN car!

Yeah but to suggest the interior of an A3 is full o flow rent plastics compared to an Evo is stretching the thread of believability just a little too far.

Tend to agree on your other points though...

But I still think he's just spoiling for an argument!

tongue.gif

Here's an honest question for you, Simon - why did you pick an Evo over an Impreza?

Indeed. If he'd have said he just preferred the interior of the Mitsi, that'd be fine because it's an opinion; People like different things and what suits one person may not suit another. Most people here were just questioning the use of the term "low rent plastics" on an Audi, especially compared to the dash in an Evo...

169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah but to suggest the interior of an A3 is full o flow rent plastics compared to an Evo is stretching the thread of believability just a little too far.

Tend to agree on your other points though...

But I still think he's just spoiling for an argument!

tongue.gif

Here's an honest question for you, Simon - why did you pick an Evo over an Impreza?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never compared the Evos interior to the Audis. Everyone else did smashfreakB.gif

In my opinion some of the plastics used in the A3 look pretty cheap and nasty the door sill trims especially.

Why did I buy an Evo over an Impreza ? The Evo doesnt understeer like an Audi or Subaru jump.gif

Neither does the Impreza... tongue.gif

Honestly, I think the Impreza vs Evo thing is almost entirely down to taste. With each year and each new model, they seemed to swap characteristics to a degree - one version the Evo would be really hardcore and the STi a bit softer, the next one that would swap.

For me, it was all down to the flat four burble and a certain Mr McRae.

[ QUOTE ]

Only downside was the low rent plastics in the cabin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you are just embarrassing yourself. coffee.gif

The current A3 interior is a wonderful place to be, especially in sport or s line guise with deep, leather bolstered seats and aluminium fillets along the doors and across the dash. The build quality is stunning.

Out of all the various cars in 2005 that I sat in / went out in, it was a PD 140 Sportback with a couple of choice options in sport trim that impressed me the most in terms of the overall package. An absolute bargain at dead on 20k.

Ian

Sorry I disagree and from what I read it seems that quite a few other also think that the plastics look a bit on the cheap side to.

Where did I mention aluminium inserts leather bolstered seats etc. What I said was that some of the plastics used in the interior looked a bit below par the handbrake area , the door sills and the actual top part of the dash could be better.

Seems like alot of Audi drivers cant actually read to me !!!!!!!!!!

Yep it is that is the original protoype MSD built for Vauxhall and the actual car used to promote the V6 vestra cahllenge series that used to support the BTCC some years back.

Swindon Race engines V6

Pilbeam Suspension

Ap Racing Brakes

AP surtrac LSD

etc etc

In total only 37 where made and that was build number prototype 0000 which I sold to a the guy in the photo who now shows at various Car shows etc etc I believe..