top gear has lost its way

blix

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

It's entertainment. If you don't find it entertaining, watch Big Brother or something!

[/ QUOTE ]

I love Top Gear, its about the only thing I watch on TV (apart from Taggart and Spooks when its on!).

Its just that some parts have the show have become about as stale than a month old loaf of bread.

znaika.gif

I love the fabia VRS and the octavia RS. top cars for little money. who cares what the badge says as personaly cant afford to pay the stupid money for a new A3 or GTI. They might be great cars and wonderfully finished but i would still be happy to pay less for the same chassis and engine. As for top gear i still think its a great show and thats because i see it as entertainment. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I love the fabia VRS and the octavia RS. top cars for little money. who cares what the badge says as personaly cant afford to pay the stupid money for a new A3 or GTI. They might be great cars and wonderfully finished but i would still be happy to pay less for the same chassis and engine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Precisely. An excellent case in favour of buying their cars. But ... the argument is based on common sense and prudence, not the "Wow that's gorgeous I have to have it!" factor.

So Skodas cannot count as cool ... they are too sensible. So the audience was right, but for the wrong reason. They said it was a useless car, which is the precise opposite of the real reason.

TG has to be seen as entertainment. Who, in their right mind, when looking for a big comfy car to glide along the road in, would choose a 5 series Sport ? If they consider the BM, they will choose an SE, i.e. one without the sport suspension. So the racecourse comparison was pointless. Nevertheless, it was funny to see what you get dragging a BMW with sport suspension along a rutted track grin.gif

Which is why the audience is crammed with grinning idiots, not car buffs.

[ QUOTE ]

Oh for Christ's sake.

You lot are starting to sound like the sort of halfwits who write in to Points of View all the time.

It's entertainment. If you don't find it entertaining, watch Big Brother or something!

[/ QUOTE ]

Think Top Gear is great... just find that bit really grating. You won't find me moaning about it one bit.

I even watch 5th gear and Vroom Vroom.. what can I say. Mind you most of Vroom Vroom gets fast forwarded through. grin.gif169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

And who on earth in their right mind would spend £29k on a Citroen?

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, they did manage to point that out! grin.gif

Citroen UK will buy it back ... but they won't say how much for! Love it! yelrotflmao.gif