Lost keys

rhyds

My girlfriend has lost the keys to her early petrol 306 (can't remember the exact year, but i don't think it has a "chipped" key). Would a dealer be able to order a replacement set when supplied with the suitable documentation, such as the V5C and the registered keeper's id? and how long would this take? Also, i realise a locksmith would be able to get the door open (probably) but would they be able to release the steering lock? (being a bit of an "home mechanic", i could probably persuade it to start)

Any suggestions appreciated.

I think the first two phases of the 306 came with IR plipper keys, but don't quote me on that. You can get around this by just asking for just the blade to be cut by Peugeot should cost about £10, but getting the key card if unknown to get the key to be cut is another £10.

You can pick up a unprogrammed plipper off e-bay pretty cheap and programe it in yourself. Just point the key at the sensor by the sunroof for a few seconds with button held down and the ignition in the accessory on position. That should do the trick.