Your Next Car

NewNiceMrMe

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really not sure as a lot depends on circumstances - there are certain situations where I could be back in a Fabia vRS or an Ibiza Cupra TDi (job through in Edinburgh for example).

But, assuming all stays good re a decent commute, and I can continue to afford fuel in a low 20's mpg car, then I would like to be looking at an S4 cab or a Boxster S - both used probably.

If MrsRossG removes the permission to keep spending more than £250 a month on petrol, but we don't need to a TDi then a brand new Leon Cupra or Golf GTI would be a consideration.

Time will tell - we all end up doing something completely different anyway grin.gif169144-ok.gif

Edit to say that MrsRossG is making rumblings about wanting it to be her turn to choose - so a Toureag isn't a complete impossibility ROLLEY~14.GIFtongue.gif169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

providing all goes to plan (its a very long plan...)

a TVR Sagaris ECLIPSe.gifFIREdevil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Buy the M400 instead. I drove both and the M400 was a far superior car IMO. In every respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh no.... now you're putting ideas in my head jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're looking at a TVR Sagaris you have to test drive a Noble M400.

It's also quicker...in every environment you'd care to test it!

0-100 mph in 7.9 seconds - and back to zero so fast that you'll hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've just been reading about the M15.... i think i'd better start saving jump.gif

possibly a mitsubishi evo X - but not Red like Robin's smile.gif

at some point will have to try a B5 RS4 Avant - there's something about the shape and aggressive stance. Oh and 380 bhp plus well-known and relatively price-friendly tuning available. grin.gif

More in fantasy land the choice would be

latest 911 turbo (I wish)

alfa sz zagato heart.gif

maserati ghibli biturbo

but there's a demon at work saying "Lancia" for some reason.

I just need to get back into "buy a mad italian electrical nightmare from the 90's" mood and could maybe own one as a second car pengy.gif

lhd makes things a bit more interesting too wink.gif

881229-evo.jpg

post-12140-137914368352_thumb.jpg

Something bigger than a Fabia and newer than my old Audi. House is 1st on the list, but possible future cars may include

BMW 330D Sport

A4 - Avant & Quattro of some type or other

SEAT Leon Cupa / FR

Touareg

May opt for a MKII GTi as a 'my' car and a family wagon smile.gif

Plus, I could do with a van, so who knows what I'll get, just wait and see how it pans out 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Either (not in order of preference):

- Another VW GTI - Mk6 or 7 but has to be as good as the Mk5 I have.

- VW R32 Mk6 (next generation .:R)

- Mitsubishi Evo Concept-X (as pic) - Probably my favourite but subject to boot space.

Each one very much subject to test drives, but, of course, in red!

881176-conceptx05_09.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that! 169144-ok.gif

Very nice looking.

[ QUOTE ]

Ahh the M15, id consider that depending on the price... and servicing and usability. In fact scrub that, i'll print a picture off the Internet on to glossy paper and stick it on my wall. beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think i'll have to stick to the photo's only for the next few years at least anyway beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

but there's a demon at work saying "Lancia" for some reason. I just need to get back into "buy a mad italian electrical nightmare from the 90's" mood and could maybe own one as a second car pengy.gif

lhd makes things a bit more interesting too wink.gif

881229-evo.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw a Delta Integrale the other day and got a flash and wave in the 156. I've always felt it was shame that Lancia stopped selling in the UK, but on the other hand the modern Lancia's just don't cut the mustard IMO, they ain't easy on the eye either.

And as for the electronics, blame that German company Bosch for producing rubbish parts. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

And as for the electronics, blame that German company Bosch for producing rubbish parts. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

and the fact that the italians couldn't read the instruction manuals for wiring them together yelrotflmao.gif

don't know what it is about the Integrale Evo, just love 'em 169144-ok.gif

Thats funny, i got asked this very question at Paxton House. My answer was that i cant see beyond the S4 because its all i have wanted for the past 3 or 4 years, and then circumstances allowed me to get one.

But to answer the question i would like to look at the new RS6 when it comes out sekret.gif and i would love an S8 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

997 Turbo

DB9

Another Gallardo Coupe (same colour as the spider on Top Gear)

Gallardo Spider (Same colour as Top Gear, but not the orange seats)

LP640

And if I go mad

Miura

Oh yeah, I'm tempted to get a Brera to replace the BMW.

[/ QUOTE ]

OOO fiver im a dribbling. The LP640 would be fantastic, if a bit wide... The new Gallardo is supposed to have a far better set up. I think you could get bored with the 997TT or the DB9. Maybe better on long journeys but they just wont stir the soul... 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The 997TT and DB9 are on the list to address the main problems with the Gallardo. Lack of concealed storage (probably only a little better in the 997, but enough) and two seats. This mean I could use the car virtually as my main car, rather then a second one. But like you said, I'll probably hanker for another Lambo soon after.

The Gallardo, well I haven't had another car thats kept me happy so long. Usually after a year i'm looking enviously at something else. Whereas after almost 2 years I'd still be happy keeping this one.

But it looks like i'm going to be pretty busy over the next couple of months. And probably out of the country quite a bit. So it really makes sense to change it now (lazyness aside), when the market for them is really good. And being without won't bother me, since I won't be able to use it anyway.

Normally I wouldn't consider the LP640, because when we had one for a while it was a pain during the day to day journeys (was LHD though). And I'm really not into having cars like these for the weekend only.

But I turn 30 next year frown.gif so I need something to cheer me up. Thats why the Muira is seriously on the list for the first time, althought perhaps I should save that for 40 frown.gif

BTW did any of you see the 599 on Fifth gear?

Looked so much better then the pics suggested (as I suspected).

But I'm hesitant to consider a V12 Ferrari in its first year. As you never know to what extent your going to take it up the *** come sale time.

The three cars in the melting pot are :-

1) Passat Coupe (in 3.6 litre R guise).

2) Scirocco/Corrado R36

3) MK6 Golf R36

Depends on what actually goes into produuction. Likely to change vehicle in Spring 2008.

Still very tempted by an B7 RS4 though !! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

BTW did any of you see the 599 on Fifth gear?

Looked so much better then the pics suggested (as I suspected).

But I'm hesitant to consider a V12 Ferrari in its first year. As you never know to what extent your going to take it up the *** come sale time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep fantastic. One of my top cars. Its worth trying a 430 too. More space than the Gallardo, quicker and usable everyday... I haven't tried the Gallardo though so I have no thoughts of comparison...