Front Tyres for a B6 A4 Avant Tdi 130

NewNiceMrMe

Goodyear GSD3's. I am on my second set and soon to be on third set. Etyres do them £100 each including fitting and balancing etc at place of work.

I find the grip levels fine in the wet, traction control is not there to prevent accidents! Modulation of throttle by right foot is much better!

I currently have GSD3's all round on my B6 1.9TDi 130 (Saloon) and despite the fronts being just over 2mm currently, the ESP light rarely comes on... though I do have the multitronic box, which I assume controls the power output somewhat??

I can only get ESP to light up when pulling away from stop, even in manual mode.

But I have, thats my point. They're on the front. I have said they're better in the dry, but I'm not at all impressed in the wet.

On my drive up to Edinburgh this morning the bloody ESP lit up at 50mph on very slight bend. Could just have been very greasy - but it flashed twice briefly.

Ah, right. Sorry. Missed that bit of the thread. Are they not better than what you had previously though?

As for greasy roads, even I can light up the TC whereas on wet or dry roads the S4 with GSD3's never has that problem. And the roads have been greasy of late. 169144-ok.gif