Question

pritesh

[ QUOTE ]

I have to say that a mate of mine went through a 60 limit at 70-75 (open road) and recieved nothing its been well over 6 months too. - sheer luck if u ask me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean in the M25 variable limit area? Is he sure that there was a camera on that particular gantry? I don't go south of the M4 very often, but between the M4 and M40, there's only one gantry in each direction equipped with cameras.

[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone know how the cameras on the variable speed limit section actually work? does the speed setting get re-set at each different speed limit? (daft question I know but would like a proper answer)

169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the trigger speed of each camera is set according to the limit displayed on that gantry. I understand that there are various 'safeguards' built in - for example, the camera is inactive for 15? seconds after a change in limit, and there are cameras monitoring the gantry displays.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

My old commute down the A40 had exactly this problem. The camera could be pointed in either direction yet you could see from miles away which way it was facing -

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the one at the Uxbridge turn off? If it is I know what you mean... I get passed those with 75 on the clock. Not brave enough to go any quciker especially with a slightly larger rolling radius than the standard wheels wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just that one - I don't tend to go any faster than an indicated 70. I don't think it has much to do with bravery, more wanting to keep my license clean grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I have to say that a mate of mine went through a 60 limit at 70-75 (open road) and recieved nothing its been well over 6 months too. - sheer luck if u ask me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean in the M25 variable limit area? Is he sure that there was a camera on that particular gantry? I don't go south of the M4 very often, but between the M4 and M40, there's only one gantry in each direction equipped with cameras.

[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone know how the cameras on the variable speed limit section actually work? does the speed setting get re-set at each different speed limit? (daft question I know but would like a proper answer)

169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the trigger speed of each camera is set according to the limit displayed on that gantry. I understand that there are various 'safeguards' built in - for example, the camera is inactive for 15? seconds after a change in limit, and there are cameras monitoring the gantry displays.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if i understand this right..then each time the speed changes in the variable section of the M25 from say 60 to 40..there is a trigger that sets the camera to the new variable speed? So as a simple test..im guessing it would sit on a database of somekind with an oracle trigger or something more advanced...so I wonder how much time delay there is in the tigger taking affect... ?