Great number plate!!

daveknott

[ QUOTE ]

In the context of the whole TSN site the language contained in this thread is mild when compared with some of the others (particularly in the LoJ) and so I would respectfully ask the Moderators to take that into consideration. For example, it could be argued that much TSN banter degrades women, so why is it alright to banter about women but not dare mention the word "gay"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Robin, it's just like the repsonse I made to one of your comments in an earlier thread, where you (albeit tounge in cheek) basically wrote a line of pron blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]

#1 People use this site at work and some work for large corporations where word filters might be used. By exercising one's 'freedom of speech' you might inadvertantly be getting a fellow TSNer into some serious bother.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mollox's point above is deadly serious - and is often missed by people who either work in a small business environment, or work for themselves.

I could lose my job for inappropriate use of the Internet.

Reading a site that is full of sexually explicit words and phrases in its body text could, technically, leave me in breach - and yes, my company makes use of word filters, although apparently only on email, at the moment.

Then, as I pointed out, there is the whole issue of open plan offices and people's screens. A collegue of mine saw what you wrote the other day - and it was rather embarrasing for me to explain

And sadly, my IT department aren't going to care less that it's a car site and RedRobin was excercising his freedom of speech - they will simply discipline me.

Now this isn't about the rights and wrongs of my work's IT policies - it's about soem basic respect to other users when posts are being written - and that's not just aimed at you 169144-ok.gif

Many thanks for explaining that, Ross. I don't doubt that I've had this explained to me before and perhaps it's only now that I realise that I need to be more careful in my choice of words for the sake of others. I assure you that no disrespect is intended. We are all different and have different thresholds of sensibilities. It's not helped by my liking to challenge and cause others to reconsider things (sometimes potentially for their benefit).

I'm not writing this as justification but only explaining for my part that I have spent my whole life being free to say what I want when I want and to be totally upfront about my opinions and attitudes. It doesn't mean that my utterings are right.

I now have to try and change how I post on TSN and can only hope that I can continue to enjoy it and not feel muzzled. There's a point at which I simply won't stick around if I can't be myself - warts and all - it's just not my way.

If my behaviour continues to be either inappropriate or offensive there's no hard feelings if I'm told and I move on.

I most sincerely appreciate your post - It would have been too easy just to try and shoot me down more aggressively. Life has given me a fairly bullet-proof vest grin.gif.

Here's to me trying beerchug.gif