Oh dear - this is very tempting...

Mook

Yes, they've basically beefed up the turbo and intercooler and the bottom end of the car to cope with the extra power. Despite a load of people wanting 265PS in a Golf GTI, I don't reckon VW would be mad enough to do that in a front wheel drive car.

Right I didn't like the look of the silver one when I saw it yesterday... But thanks to some folks photoshop skills its really starting to grow on me now (Sprint Blue with RS4 rims)

However reading the Audi press release.... It looks like the std £27K asking price could be well bumped up after adding some options... I see that it mentions that the RS4 style steering wheel is optional and I guess the bucket seats they are on about are likely to be the same ones as offered in the GTI/R32.. I just hope Audi have better taste on how to finish the backs of them !

So if a £34-35K R32 is possible....... Where could an S3 end up ?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Jesus, a £35k R32 must have every option known to man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not possible. £33k max

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I stand corrected on the £34-35K for a Golf...

Just did a quick check.. 5Dr DSG with everything it'd let me select comes out at £32650..... Still a lot of cash.... but I'm sure the S3 will easily smash that barrier !

Must say that I find the S3 just as boring as with the other A3 range. If I ever wanted a 2.0l turbo'ed car, why not buy a Evo? The reason I went for my R32 is the amazing V6 tucked up front.... Audi, what are you doing putting your new motor in the same class as the Scooby STi?

Well I've looked at all three Bob - but only driven the STI and the Evo tongue.gif

Completely different cars to the S3 and I don't think Audi are even going near the same class with the new S3. The only thing that might make you think is the bhp match between the STI and the S3, but that's about all.

Of the Evo and the STI, I couldn't even contemplate the Evo and I'd have to drive with tunnel goggles on in the STI because, despite their ability to build very quick, very reliable, fantastic handling cars, the build quality of both is a mile away from most things European.