Interior Lights

Phantom

[ QUOTE ]

Went int omy dealer's this morning and for some reason it looks as though I have half the interior light pack fitted to my car smashfreakB.gif.

I have the vanity mirror lights, LED downlighters in the header rail but I don't have footwell lights or door lights.

[/ QUOTE ]

The cab (without lighting pack) comes with the header rail LED's and the vanity mirror lights. My car has them despite being non lighting pack equipped and not an S-line.

Thanks Cosmic. So it is possible which is great. Before I push ahead and strip the door and chect out the wiring did your stealer say what they thought was involved?

Some mention above (or perhaps on anohter thread) that the lights are vag controlled, does anyone have any first hand experience of this.

Nelson, dunno if you'll catch this but what is the approx cost of bulbs, holders and wiring connectors for the 4 door lights and two footwells?

Cheers

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks Cosmic. So it is possible which is great. Before I push ahead and strip the door and chect out the wiring did your stealer say what they thought was involved?

Some mention above (or perhaps on anohter thread) that the lights are vag controlled, does anyone have any first hand experience of this.

Nelson, dunno if you'll catch this but what is the approx cost of bulbs, holders and wiring connectors for the 4 door lights and two footwells?

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

The dealer (Exeter, Audi) said that the doors don't have looms and the lamps in the doors don't have bulb holders. So their suggestion was new looms and lamps for each door, new Centre Console (the front lamps are mounted there apparently) and new looms to go under the carpets to the new lamps under the seats and a further loom to go back to the convenience unit. It could all be BS of course - they seem pretty good at it mad.gif thus far. I just got the feeling that they didn't want the job - and they don't know that I'm ex motor trade myself either. Never BS a bullshitter - we always spot it.....

[ QUOTE ]

The dealer (Exeter, Audi) said that the doors don't have looms and the lamps in the doors don't have bulb holders. So their suggestion was new looms and lamps for each door, new Centre Console (the front lamps are mounted there apparently) and new looms to go under the carpets to the new lamps under the seats and a further loom to go back to the convenience unit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive got a B6 04 Cab and there are rectangular cut-outs just above your feet that look as though they are exactly the same shape as that required for the bulb holders. So I'll be using them but perhaps for the B7 its different. I guess those who have the B7 light pack could comment.

For you other guys who have the B6 cab with interior light, could you take a pic of the rear under seat light installation for me. Cheers.