Best MPG?

hixster

I've so far done 13k in my MK5 R, checked the highline recently and the average for the full mileage on the car (I've never reset it) is 24.3MPG

I've only ever got about 320 miles on a tank about 4 times in all the time I've had the car, normally I get about 270 from a tank.

After the weekend meet, and commuting the last few days - the trip computer broke it to me gently that I'd managed 251 miles on a tank of Optimax. EEK2.GIF

Anyone wanna buy an R32 DBP DSG - One 'extra' careful owner ? yelrotflmao.gif

Just out of curiousity with these mid 30's motorway MPG figures are people resetting the trip on the slip road and then checking it on the exit slip ?

It's just that my last trip had a massive chunk of motorway on cruise control and I dont get anything like that kind of figure ? (27-28) .... but i'm always looking at the total trip average

Cheers 169144-ok.gif

In my case, it was starting out from Hammersmith, out of London, down the M3 and then eventually to the office in sunny Dorset, so a fair mix of driving.

Best thing is just to either ignore the trip meter or close your eyes when you're cycling through the different options...

not resetting the trip on the slip road gives 33-34 mpg on a 60+ mile run - as the car is manual I just change up very early, and nearly always pull away in second unless sitting uphill. Also try and avoid more than 2-2.5k revs when engine cold.

It's the uphill sections at speed that really cane the mpg - for a flat section the instant mpg regularly shows 38-40 around 75 mph - but on a slight incline this drops to around 20. On a steeper incline it's around 16.

All down to weight - it's quite a frugal V6 really wink.gifsmile.gif

169144-ok.gif