Shell V-Power...

RedRobin

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AFAIK the Shell V-Power here in Ireland is 95 RON - took a lot of looking around to get this info but reckon it to be right. Think V-Power is just a brand and has different RON in different countries.

Shell sold their car petrol business here in Ireland so bit by bit the Shell garages are getting run down etc and starting to get sold as development sites for a few appartments.

As such I am now going to stop getting V-Power for the GTI and go back to Tesco finest (only Tesco 95 RON available in Ireland) as at this stage my concern is that the pumps etc are not being maintained as well and for all the benefit I might be getting from V-Power, it is possibly being offset by the crap that is sitting in the petrol pump systems at this stage following the sale.

My thoughts...

Paddy

I have benn using it for 2 weeks nowin Switzerland. I don't know anything about it, I don't know if its good or bad, I know its frekin expensive compared to other stuff 1.89Sfr/ltr (80p) 98ron is 75p.

I was using 98ron from BP but that showed up bottom of the BHP chart someone potsed a while ago so I change to something more expensive!

So am I running on the bollocks now or what?

I think the garage has a wee brouchure about it, I need to check it out and see what Ron it's rated at. I feel no difference in the car though so it's hard to tell.

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone else got any news about V-Power in the UK?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've just filled up with Optimax and the friendly fella behind the desk asked me if I'd heard of V-Power. He then went on to say that Optimax would be superceeded by V-Power toward the end of September (he mentioned the 20-something of Sept, exact date escapes me at this minute) and that it would probably be 99-100RON although that's still to be confirmed, as has pricing.

Apparently they're expecting some information leaflets about it within the next few weeks...

Latest just reported by Ryan_W in the GTI forum is as follows:

"Apparently Shell V power is being launched in the UK in the coming weeks. Im told it is 99ron, they are preparing the pumps and advertising material

"the advertising will arrive on sites early next week but knowing Shell it will probably be Wednesday or early Thursday. The advertising will have a picture of a Ferrari F1 pit-stop re-fueller filling up a road car with the slogan 'Ferrari Fuel for the Road'. With the advertising will be an info pack for the site staff.

The new uniforms have also been ordered to replace the Optimax unforms"

....I hope you didn't mind me doing this, Ryan 169144-ok.gif.

Just what I was thinking, the margin from Shell unleaded to Optimax seems to have climbed from 5p/litre to 6p/litre, so how much more is V-Power going to cost? I assume it's replacing Optimax completely, so it's V-Power or nothing (BP round here don't do Ultimate, in fact the nearest BP to my office stopped selling 98).

BP Ultimate is only 97 AFAIK anyway. The only other place that does 98 or better is Tesco (who do a 99RON). Not sure how that is priced, but presumably V-Power will have to compete with that, unless Shell can convince the consumer that it is a far superior product.

[ QUOTE ]

The only other place that does 98 or better is Tesco (who do a 99RON).

[/ QUOTE ]

Not my local Tesco in Cleethorpes, just 95 RON and diesel. mad.gif

The Esso near me has 97 RON, which I've used in an emergency situation, but that's about it, so it's usually a five-mile detour for Optimax.