RedRobin

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just had a look a their website and it confirms what has been said above:

SHELL UK launches Shell V-Power – providing its customers with ‘Ferrari fuel for the road’.

23/08/2006

Shell UK today launches its latest generation of performance unleaded fuel - Shell V-Power.

Available across the UK, new Shell V-Power builds on the highly successful Shell Optimax premium fuel brand launched in 2001.

The same Shell international scientists who develop the Ferrari Formula 1 racing fuels have created a unique fuel blend that is designed to get more power and responsiveness from your vehicle.

Instrumental to Shell V-Power’s development has been the working relationship forged between Shell and Ferrari over the last 50 years across the Grand Prix circuits of the world. The Ferrari Formula 1 car provides Shell scientists with a unique cutting-edge mobile laboratory enabling fuels to be developed and tested under the most severe conditions, benefiting from instant feedback and analysis. Findings are fed back into Shell’s road fuel development programmes.

The result: a fuel for customers who understand that not all fuels are the same.

1. Shell V-Power contains Shell's unique Friction Modification Technology (FMT) as used by the Formula 1 Ferrari team in their 2006 racing fuels. This is designed to help the engine turn more freely and improve performance.

2. Shell V-Power has an octane rating of 99 RON, designed to provide more power and improved responsiveness in many modern cars.

3. Shell V-Power contains a powerful cleaning formula designed to improve engine responsiveness by removing power-robbing deposits, helping the fuel to burn more effectively.

John Rasmussen, UK Retail Director said, “This is a proud day for Shell Retail. Shell V-Power allows our customers to fill-up with a performance fuel derived directly from our Formula 1 technical partnership with Ferrari”.

He went on:

“Our relationship with Ferrari helped us introduce the first premium performance fuel to the UK market in 2001. Shell V-Power builds on that proven motor sport heritage, moving the market forward again; delivering hard-fought-for track-proven innovation, such as FMT, to the road and our customers.

Shell V-Power, like no other Shell fuel before it, caters for those customers all across the UK who are looking for a fuel designed to help extract additional responsiveness from their vehicles.”

Find out more here

[ QUOTE ]

Any idea's on price though, I'm expecting a 7-8p / litre premium over unleaded?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure as yet but the imminent launch of V-Power may explain the recent drop in price of Optimax. Noticed locally today it's at 98.5p per litre. 169144-ok.gif

The recent price drop was across all fuels. I read an article last week that stated a 4p per litre drop across the UK. Standard unleaded is 92.9 my way at the mo with optimax at 99.9. Tesco super (97) is currently 96.9. I really hope shell dont decide that v-power is worth more than optimax because we already pay a pretty high premium for it. 7p a litre is already too much in my opinion but if she likes, then she gets it ECLIPSe.gif

Right....I've just spoken with Shell again and:

1) - V-Power replaces Optimax.

2) - V-Power costs 1p per litre more than Optimax did. With the usual daily price fluctuations also influenced by area (same as all fuels).

3) - Optimax card holders will automatically receive replacement V-Power cards.

There is a FAQs page on the Shell web site: Here

all the posters and pumps are being changed today at both my local stations. Still got half a tank, so couldnt be arsed pulling in to see the cost...... Opti has been 99.9 around here for a while.......

Yes, got my new card in the post this morning..... its a funny shape, like a Mint card.... grin.gif