My new M3

mtl

[ QUOTE ]

Congratulations on your new purchase

I too went from an Audi S3 to an E46 M3 - never looked back (not quite true - in Winter, when the roads are greasy - then i missed the 4-wheel drive assurance of the s3 smlove2.gif)

The funny thing is I also went for an Imola red one!! grin.gif

The best colour IMO! I sold it in feb and miss it soooo much - i actually regret getting rid of it.

Anyway mate - enjoy beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers 169144-ok.gif Imola Red, oh yes. Not looking forward to the unintentional sideways action that winter will inevitably bring... However, when I'm driving hard enough for that kind of thing, I think I'll be on a track wink.gif

I found the S3 to be pretty crap in the snow actually - still, I was comparing it to a 4x4 (axle-locking) SUV with mud and snow tyres grin.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah in the snow it wasn't very good, but in greasy and wet conditions it was reassuring.

Expect some side ways action or at least some tail swinging even you do not push too hard in winter conditions mate - you will see

[/ QUOTE ]

The joys of rear-wheel drive, mate..........

Adds to the fun, if you ask me. grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Cogratulations on your purchase 169144-ok.gif, i'm sure you will love it as much as I loved mine. Taking it a bit off subject I notice that some M3's suffer frome the near side rear suspension being higher than the off side, anyone know the cause of this? beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers 169144-ok.gif Never heard of any general suspension issues with the E46 M3.

Yes, you're absolutely right gIzzE. A blue hue - who knew! (try saying that more than three times in rapid succession...).

Wopps - are you sure IR will be an option on the new M3? I thought they might create a new range of M3-specific colours like they did for the E46...

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, you're absolutely right gIzzE. A blue hue - who knew! (try saying that more than three times in rapid succession...).

Wopps - are you sure IR will be an option on the new M3? I thought they might create a new range of M3-specific colours like they did for the E46...

[/ QUOTE ]

IR has been about since the E36, it wasn't solely for the E46.

Your car looks great by the way.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't suggesting it was - just thought a new range might be created for the M3 in 2008 smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't suggesting it was - just thought a new range might be created for the M3 in 2008 smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What colours were brought out for the E46 M3? Phoenix Yellow, that awful turqoiuse? I can't think of any others.

I think the 3 colour i fancy at the moment are:

Red with black leather.

CSL Grey and red/black leather

Black with red leather

I'll have to see them all before I take delivery but that what im currently thinking...

The other thing is manual or SMG. IO hate to admit it but paddles no matter how efficient they are do take a bit of fun out the drive. Thing is though a BMW box isnt as good as the Audi/VW ones so im not sure if it will be the right decision. Im going to have to try and get a couple of test drives...