--New Octavia vRS--

Darkside

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Also there was a 55 plate with 5000 miles with a few £'s of extras selling for £13,995 from a dealer. Thats over £4000 depreciation from new from a DEALER! I'm now viewing my new car as "it's not what it costs, but what its worth when you sell it." After all a car is an investment.

Here's for the bit to rile everyone...I'm looking at Golf MK5 GTI's. Be kind.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realise the GTI looses similar in the first year don't you?

Dealers are trying to keep prices of the GTI inflated on forcourts like BMW did with the BINI but its slowing dropping.

Just watching this site of private sales as well as Autotrader shows most sell for around 17K 1year old infact we picked up a very high spec low miles GTI for around that for my father a month or so ago.

I liked the skoda when i test drove it but it was too long/big for what i wanted so i went for the Golf, mind if i had not called in a big favour and got the Golf at mates rates from a friend at VW i would not have entertained the golf as its overpriced at what people pay especially when people spec them up.

I think at the moment that anyone that buys a new GTI and specs it up needs slap.gif as theers so many 6month->2year old models with low miles out there for quite a discount off new and most will haggle and drop the price quite abit as they are not shiffting, also specs varie so much but prices does not by much if your willing to take your time the right car will turn up on the market if your willing to travel for it, afterall you have to wait 12weeks for a new one anyway, its mad to buy new especially when dealers don't disount much on them.

The SEAT Leon FR is also the cousin of these two and i liked it quite abit apart from the visability from the drivers seat, it seemed to handle well but had a harder ride than the GTI at slow speeds. I just hope they don't give the Cupra version a teeth rattling ride.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Oooooooooo what you getting now James.... grin.gif

Ian

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean you can't tell him in advance of him knowing? coffee.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Funnily enough, it is what he said in advance of his own question - "Ooooooooo". I'll be getting 0, nada, nothing.

[ QUOTE ]

It'd be a Skoda for me too, given the choice.

Without wishing to offend anyone, but there is a certain type of person tends to buy Audis..(I'm not saying all Audi drivers are like this! What I'm saying is people like this always buy Audis! "Normal" people who drive Audis are cool)

They are similar to Beemer drivers but think Beemers are for "common" people.

Their Audis are the cars that'll pull out in front of you causing you to swerve, they cut you up at junctions, they steal the parking space you were just going to pull into. They never use indicators and never stick to speed limits. They are driven with a "f*ck you" attitude.

In other words they think they are superiour to everyone else on the road. They bleat on about how their cars are superiour to every other car on the road. They holiday at center parcs, own a tivo and have dinner parties where they chat about Audis. They'll have a custom built kitchen and shop at John Lewis. They'll live in an "executive" house and employ a cleaner as vacuuming is for "common people". They'll drink only bottled water and eat only "organic" food. They will tell you that global warming is a myth and be "luvvy" Neu Labour voters.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.gif @ Barry ming smashfreakB.gif