What lid?

SneakyMcC

[ QUOTE ]

Can you prove that?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been documented previosuly by Superbike.

Like we both said the main thing is the fitting and I guess the bottom line is nothing will protect you from certain impacts if you are just unlucky or the Gods are against you.

Most important thing is to just enjoy the riding. Roll on Spring.

Merry Christmas to you and yours too 169144-ok.gif

I am currently in the market for my first lid and it will be an Arai..... prob a Viper GT, i had a ''fitting'' at Hein Gericka and have an XL head !!!

After reading the various tests done on helmets including the MCN one i have decided that on balance of probability the Arai are the best on the market to date, i simply will not take a chance with my life and if i have to spend an extra £100-£200 to get a lid then that is what i will do. Life is all about choices, the same people who buy an £80 lid will no doubt be the same people who smoke 20 a day.

You pays your money and you take your chance, i just think that an Arai will simply put me lower on the risk register in certain smashes that a cheaper or other manufactures lid.

• 3 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

I am currently in the market for my first lid and it will be an Arai..... prob a Viper GT, i had a ''fitting'' at Hein Gericka and have an XL head !!!

After reading the various tests done on helmets including the MCN one i have decided that on balance of probability the Arai are the best on the market to date, i simply will not take a chance with my life and if i have to spend an extra £100-£200 to get a lid then that is what i will do. Life is all about choices, the same people who buy an £80 lid will no doubt be the same people who smoke 20 a day.

You pays your money and you take your chance, i just think that an Arai will simply put me lower on the risk register in certain smashes that a cheaper or other manufactures lid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with your way of thinking. At the end of the day you only have one head so you need to protect it.

I invested in an Arai Signet GT and was glad i had it when i came off, all there was was some abrasion on it on the right hand side, it went back to Arai for inspection and they said it was perfectly fine to continue using.

About a week later an MCN road tester had pretty much the same off as me with a cheap lid and it broke in half.

Jon.

I had always avoided Arais sticking to AGVs and Sharks but last summer when I had a couple of hours between appointments I wondered into a bike shop and had a look round (as you do) and ended up chatting to the chap who worked the helmet section. After some chatting I tried a Shoei XR2000 which was quite nice but for me no better than any other. After some suggestions from the chap I tried an Arai Condor.

I was stunned the fit was far better than I found before. It was a revelation. I'm now converted and my money would (and will when I come to buy a new one) now go on an Astro R or a Condor. I've seen the Condor in plain black or white for less than £200 from normal UK retailers (i.e. no old stock or Jap imports). I'd say that £200 is worth spending for the fit and quality of the lid.

I started out on a crappy sub £100 lid and have (slowly) learnt that decent kit is worth paying for. You will have a spill eventually and it's best to be in the best shape possible.

• 3 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

I bagged me one o'these at the Excel today cool.gif

Fanx for the input gang!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice One Sneaky!! I was there today too. (Should've posted first really)

The yellow Edwards rep' was calling......... But I closed my eyes and put my fingers in my ears! grin.gif

Maybe at the NEC wink.gif

Still managed to spend over a ton on feck all though!! confused.gif

Thought it wasn't a bad day out really. £16 was a rip off mind mad.gif. I've got a few pic's I'll post up.

BUB beerchug.gif