theory test and DAS

chipandpin

This might be a daft question but i cant find the answer by googling, so i thought i'd ask here......

Is the theory test based on the highway code? do i just learn the book and apply for the test or do i need to apply for the test via the school im going to use? Also, I was told to book a practical test date before arranging my DAS intensive course, but what if the school cant fit me in? I was hoping i could sort it all out with one phonecall to a riding school but the one i spoke to just made things more complicated!!! confused.gifconfused.gif

The theory test is based partly on the Highway Code but also other aspects from the Motorcycle Riders handbook, things to do with bike control, road positioning etc. So you need a combination of both. There is also a hazard percention section which uses video clips of real events on the road. You need to pass both parts of the test to pass overall.

There can be a wait to get a theory test too so you may want to book that ASAP as you have to have passed it before you go for the practical test.

As for booking your practical test it depaends how quickly you plan to do DAS, there was a 2 month waiting list for tests down here when i did my DAS but the riding school had slots booked and they were allocated on the basis of who was "test ready"

The most important thing... enjoy smile.gif

Jon.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a DVD Rom, from future video, or similar, and that gave you all you needed to know. The more practice you get at the hazard perception, the better, its not hard, but understanding when to click a hazard will help you no end.

IIRC, i flew through the theory, and scored really well on the hazard perception through plenty of practice.

Good luck!!

[ QUOTE ]

I bought a DVD Rom, from future video, or similar, and that gave you all you needed to know. The more practice you get at the hazard perception, the better, its not hard, but understanding when to click a hazard will help you no end.

IIRC, i flew through the theory, and scored really well on the hazard perception through plenty of practice.

Good luck!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, above, I meant to say Focus essentials.

HTH