BMW R1200 GS or ..................................

petsar68

..........Honda Varadero XL 1000 ? I now live in NZ and was certain i'd get a VFR800, but with the pretty dreadful road surfaces and the Gystapo Police i am having 2nd thoughts. My 7yr old also rides a Yammy scrambler and if i bought either of the above i'd be able to follow him off trail. Does anyone have any experiences of these bikes as i am hearing worrying reliability stories about the Beemers.

Thanks

I did own a BMW 1150 GS ADVENTURE and ive got to admit it was the best bike i have ever owned that includes 6 R1s 3 GSXR 1000s a RSVR MILLE and a fireblade.i have never laughed so much as when riding the beamer,fantastic on twisty roads and great for long hauls,i covered 19,000 miles in the 2 years of ownership and it was faultless the new GS is alot lighter than the old bike with more power and hold their money very well when its comes to selling it on

when my beamer was in for service they gave me a 650GS and i must say it was very disapointing,the bike felt very small(im 6ft)and very slow i would test ride one first BMW are very good that way but if you have ridden a bike with plenty of grunt it wont be for you