new visor

chandbridge

[ QUOTE ]

They look the nads dont they! cool.gif

Without wishing to p1ss-on-your-parade. That iridium aint the stuff that chips off is it? If it is then, dont use tear offs. A m8 took the coating of a visor of sort or another! shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

to tell you the truth, i dont really know what the iridum is i think its the mirror effect, but then again bear in mind it was only 30 quid i have seen much more expensive ones

During the foot and mouth outbreak (I only live a few miles from the farm that started it all crazy.gif), they set up these disinfection stations round our way with mats on the road and a couple of blokes to spray the under sides of the cars that passed through.

I went through one on the bike one day and they decided to do me head to toe for good measure which immediately stripped the iridium coating clean off my nice new Arai visor! smashfreakB.gif

Other than that they look mint, just be careful when cleaning and don't rub them too hard as the coating does wear after a while, beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

can you clean it with like a dry cloth

[/ QUOTE ]

A dry cloth might be a bit harsh and scratch the coating.

I used to run mine under warm water until the flies had softened then wipe with a wet cloth and pat dry. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on Jim. 169144-ok.gif

I've been using a gold Shoei one for over 9 years now. It's still fine got a few stone chips but the coating is not lifting at all. I've got a rainbow and picked up a dark mirror one in the US last year. The rainbow is about 4 and still 95% 169144-ok.gif

If you treat them with some common sense care then they'll last years.

BUB beerchug.gif