Test on wednesday!!

chipandpin

Ive got my test on wednesday (second time). I did the direct access 5 day course on a 500cc and failed first time ( a couple of weeks ago) as i put my foot down on the U-turn. I thought i had mastered it and had absolutely no probs on the 125, but the 500 i had for the first day had a knackered clutch, and it really shook my confidence. I changed bikes for the rest of the course, and it took me a while to get my confidence back, but about an hour before my test i did about 12 u turns back to back without shaking at all, but for some reason i just blew it on the test! Now im worried that i'll make the same mistake on Wednesday. Ive booked another full days training for tuesday, so just wondered if you guys had any tips?

(Also it cost me £200 for the extra days training and re-test - money i had put aside for advanced training on my own bike once i'd passed! I was warned before the test that this particular examiner is very 'black and white' with the rules and a foot down is a fail, regardless of your overall riding abilities - seems crazy to me!)

Make sure your eyes are pointed where you want to go instead of where the bike's pointing at any given time, don't look down at the kerb you're turning to untill you've completed the turn.

Other than that its all clutch control.

In tight spaces like a u-turn or small roundabouts it's easier to push the bike down into the corner and counterbalance your weight in the opposite direction kind of like motorcross (just don't put your foot down like they do!) rather than leaning over into the turn try and stay a bit more upright.

Best of luck fella! fingers and toes crossed for you.

[ QUOTE ]

Make sure your eyes are pointed where you want to go instead of where the bike's pointing at any given time, don't look down at the kerb you're turning to untill you've completed the turn.

Other than that its all clutch control.

In tight spaces like a u-turn or small roundabouts it's easier to push the bike down into the corner and counterbalance your weight in the opposite direction kind of like motorcross (just don't put your foot down like they do!) rather than leaning over into the turn try and stay a bit more upright.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and dont forget to get your tyres good'un warm then trail the front brake, gripping the tank wi'ya knees before you hoist the back wheel in the air! cool.gif

G'luck that man! wink.gif

dink dank do - I Passed!!!!

test went well with only two minor faults and a clean u turn! weather was terrible and almost got blown off the bike a couple of times at junctions but thankfully i got through it unscathed!

Went out on my own bike (CBR 600F sport) when i got home and its a little bit different to the GS500 i learnt on! Think it will take me a bit to get used to it but will prob get some advanced training once ive got some brass. 169144-ok.gif

Congrats mate, I was shitting myself about the U turn, but pulled it off, with a little wobble half way through!

Just take it easy for a while, and try and remember to keep relaxed on the bike, going tense and tightening up is a sure fire way to be heading for the scenery!